|Director/Pastor of Family and Children
FAITHBROOK CHURCH, Dayton, Minnesota
MINISTRY DESCRIPTION FOR DIRECTOR OR PASTOR OF CHILDREN’S MINISTRIES
Title: Family & Children’s Pastor
Scope: Ministry & leadership to entire children’s areas
Time: Approximately 40 to 45 hours per week
Pay: $30,000 to $38,000 yearly salary depending on experience and talent
Who & Where: Faithbrook Church of the Nazarene – 14100 Elm Creek Rd., Dayton, MN 55369
Contact: Pastor Jim Comfort @ (763) 425-2730 or email@example.com
Web address: www.faithbrook.church
Faithbrook Church is an established, fast growing church with a brand-new facility and location to reach lots of families. Faithbrook is connected to the Church of the Nazarene, which promotes the essentials of Christianity, Missional
strategies and Christ-like living. The church’s mission is: Love God. Love People. Journey Together. Our Vision is to see lives changed, Christ’s hope and heartbeat be multiplied in the NW suburbs and have a premier Family and Children’s ministry.
- Commitment to Christ – A personal, vital relationship with the Lord Jesus Christ.
- Character – A person of biblical morals with integrity, responsibility, and maturity for age.
- Chemistry – A ministry philosophy and outlook that can work with the lead pastor and church. Does the director’s personality, goals, persuasion mesh with the personality of the region, church, and its heritage?
- Competency – The ability to do the ministry with excellence and skills.
- A passion for children and their families expressed through leadership, administration and care.
- Is familiar with Orange curriculum and philosophies.
- A proficient level of skill in discipleship, programming, and teaching abilities.
- Able to administrate and oversee other lead leaders.
- An ability to recruit for and delegate ministry.
- A "whole church" perspective with regard to working with others, the calendar, etc.
- Training volunteers in the policies and care of the children.
- Be able to handle some discipline issues and special needs.
- Some college education required. A degree from a Bible college or training in the field of children’s ministry will be given preference.
- Agree to support and abide by Nazarene’s Church Statement of Faith, Bylaws, and Policy.
- For two services, develop an “awesome” Sunday morning children’s experience for KidsZone (elementary).
Faithbrook has chosen to invest in Orange curriculum for our preschool and elementary ministries.
- Help inspire a culture that builds and equips healthy, Christian families.
- Cultivate the value of parents discipling children through the Orange curriculum and philosophy.
- Oversight of bi-monthly Family Days, Seminars, Activities or Service projects
for elementary kids.
- Give leadership, administration and oversight to the Infant and Preschool leaders.
- Recruit Volunteers, delegate and inspire
- Oversight of all children’s ministry & safety training.
- Help develop and enforce children’s policies and procedures.
- Be proactive with ministry communications to parents and volunteers
- Meet with the senior pastor once or twice per month.
- Give written reports to church board every other month.
- Give at least 40 to 45 hours per week to this ministry.
Planning, Coordination and Recruiting:
- Participate in staff meetings that occur every week.
- Map out yearly training, recruiting, appreciation events and activities.
Outcome and Metrics (How we measure your effectiveness):
- Ministry is vibrant, grows, and children are interested/growing in the Lord.
- People are excited about the ministry and volunteering.
- Parents inside the church and in the community come to appreciate your ministry and want to support it.
- Personal growth in maturity and ability as a minister/leader.
- Have enough KidsZone teachers and helpers that children’s director can float around on Sundays to observe and greet.
- The infant and preschool leads will feel encouraged and supported.
- Be part of the planning and design of youth facility addition