CHILDREN’S MINISTRY DIRECTOR
The position is a regular full-time ministry staff position involving leading and overseeing a comprehensive ministry of discipleship, teaching, ministry to children and their families at Anastasia Baptist Church, a multi-generational, multicultural and
multi-site church. This person must love children, have a passion to see them grow in Christ and a desire to see them come to faith in Jesus Christ. This person shall work under the supervision of the discipleship pastor.
The children’s ministry director must be able to cast a vision and lead a comprehensive program of activities and interests for preschoolers, children and their families. The children’s ministry director must be able to enthusiastically recruit, train and mentor
volunteers; must have excellent verbal and written communication skills; must be able to work well with others on the ministry staff team.
- Minimum of 5 years children's ministry experience on church staff
- Experience leading volunteer teams
- Bachelor's degree in Christian education, early childhood education, or ministry-related studies is preferred, or the equivalent coursework in a related specialized field; or Seminary training
Overall Children’s Ministry Duties
1. Lead the volunteers and staff of the children’s ministry to accomplish the mission of Anastasia Baptist Church, “Helping people embrace the life-changing truth of Jesus Christ.”
2. Work closely with the Discipleship Team to incorporate the overall Anastasia Baptist Church discipleship strategy into the children’s ministry, and therefore encourage believers through the discipleship process of Be One, Make One.
3. Lead and coordinate all aspects of the children’s ministry including weekend services, children’s life groups, Vacation Bible School and other children’s ministry events.
4. Meet monthly with the music specialist, pre-school ministry director and the weekday pre-school ministry director for cooperative planning and scheduling of events, outreach and shared space to provide mutual support for all areas of children’s involvement.
5. Oversee the publication of informational items and promotional items for the children’s ministry in print and social media, including public advertising in newspaper, radio, website, etc.
6. Maintain weekly communications to parents, volunteers and children regarding children’s ministry.
7. Carry out other assignments related to the children's ministry as may arise.
8. Develop and administer an annual budget for the children’s ministry.
9. Champion children’s ministry at other Anastasia sites.
10. Recruit, train, encourage and lead a ministry team of volunteers.
11. Work in conjunction with youth pastor to help 5th graders transition into fully-involved participants of the youth ministry by the time they enter the 6th grade.
12. Work in close coordination with pre-school ministry director to provide support and unified vision for children’s ministry at Anastasia Baptist Church.
13. Carry out other assignments related to the early education ministry as may arise.
14. Work with preschool ministry director to plan and execute discipleship oriented training for children’s and families.
15. Develop and maintain such regulations, guidelines and information as needed to inform paid and volunteer workers, as well as parents of children, what is expected of them by the church or what they may be able to expect of the children’s ministry.
16. Lead the church to provide adequate facilities, equipment and materials as are needed for the preschool and children’s ministries.
17. The person shall administer the "Policy for Providing a Safe Environment for Preschoolers, Children and Youth" with regard to their work with preschoolers and children.
18. Supervise and provide oversight to the children’s ministry administrative assistant.
19. Assist in the worship services of the church, as requested.
20. Attend meetings of the church staff and of the church council.
21. Other church duties as assigned by the discipleship pastor.
22. May attend two ministry training events per year at church expense.
23. May be absent one week per year to participate in an activity of another church or denominational agency for which remuneration is received.
Please send all applications for position to: firstname.lastname@example.org