The Point is aggressively looking for an experienced, dynamic leader to become our Student Pastor serving the Middle School and High School students and their families. In the past five years, we adopted the Orange Strategy in our children’s and student
ministries www.whatisorange.org . It is time to expand and intensify our focus to an even greater level as we partner with families to help students grow closer to God and to one another.
CRAVE Student Ministry
The purpose is to create an environment where students become hungry to serve God. This is carried out primarily through two separate, age-based divisions of CRAVE Student Ministry.
Boost (Middle School Students, grades 6-8) exists to Boost basic faith teachings, create an awareness in students of the Kingdom of God and affirm the values of accountability and small group relationships.
Fuel (High School Students, grades 9-12) exists to Fuel an understanding of students’ role in the Kingdom, challenge their understanding of basic faith beliefs, and connect them into the church community through discipleship and service
Spiritual and Leadership Qualities
- A sincere passion to see students and their families become authentic followers of Jesus.
- A prayerful, God-dependent leader possessing unquestionable character and integrity.
- A committed disciple of Christ who demonstrates spiritual maturity and leadership skills.
- Fully embraces The Point’s mission, values, vision and goals.
- Excellent judgment. Wisdom and discernment with sensitive and/or confidential information.
- Willing to delegate responsibility and authority, clearly empowering individual volunteers and ministry teams to take action.
- In agreement with the doctrine and practices of the Church of the Nazarene.
- A visionary mindset.
- A healthy sense of humor.
- High energy, hard-working, tenacious and sense of purpose.
- Committed to learning, mentoring (giving and receiving), and the ongoing nurture of themselves and others toward personal spiritual growth and development.
- An ability to invest in others, including ministry leaders, and ministerial staff providing encouragement and accountability.
- A gifted communicator/teacher. Highly creative and very relational with students and their families.
- Able to articulate the church’s vision as well as the vision for student ministry in a creative, compelling way that generates enthusiasm.
- Clearly and effectively communicates with others (staff/volunteers/congregation).
- A self-starter who can think and work independently yet solicits and values input from others.
- A team builder that possesses the ability to inspire, empower, develop, equip and coordinate.
- An effective team player that can create and support a culture of excellence. Able to organize, direct and support volunteers. An active listener who can build consensus while maintaining the strength of convictions.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION: Through the years,The Point has demonstrated an ability to clarify our vision and then change (reinvent) to reach our goals. It is now clear that our next “big step” is to locate a strong and capable
leader to help us continue on a trajectory of growth with students and their families. This will be a new time of opportunity and spiritual growth for our congregation. Interested persons must complete an application at
gotothepoint.com/employment gotothepoint.com/employment gotothepoint.com/employment as well as submit a cover letter and resume to Ministries Director, Jeff Lewellyn at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Resumes submitted without a completed application will not be considered.