Open Position – Assistant Youth Director
(Part-time – 22 hours/week, full time May 16-July 31)
This is the perfect position for someone who desires to reach new youth, grow a thriving youth and camp ministry, develop both young and seasoned leaders, and work with a church staff who love to see lives transformed by Jesus.
Here at Redeemer, our vision is to double our impact and double our size. What this means is that we are committed to increasingly serve our local and global communities so that more people will find hope and faith in Jesus right here in our church. If you
just got goosebumps reading that, then this position might be right for you.
So, what do you get to do in this position? Great question! We’re so glad you asked!
1. Give input and partner with Redeemer’s Youth Director in implementing the vision of all Redeemer youth ministries.
2. Create, implement and develop Redeemer’s Middle School ministry for youth in grades 5-8
- Program and run an engaging weekly ministry (currently on Wednesday Nights) that includes worship, teaching, small groups and other fun elements.
- Recruit a volunteer team to carry out each aspect of the vision for this ministry (including small group leaders, teachers, worship leaders, etc.).
3. Partner with Redeemer’s Youth Director in the visioning and oversee the implementation of Redeemer’s camp ministries.
- Program and direct Redeemer’s Winter Retreat for Middle Schoolers, 7-9 Grade Summer Camp, and 4-6 Grade Summer Camp, and assistant direct Redeemer’s Weekend Work Retreat, and 10-12 Grade Summer Camp
- Recruit volunteer teams to carry out the vision of Redeemer’s Winter Retreat for Middle Schoolers, Weekend Work Retreat, 7-9 Grade Summer Camp, and 4-6 Grade Summer Camp
- Hire, train, and lead Summer Camp Staff each summer to plan, program, and implement Redeemer’s Summer Camps.
4. Provide monthly outreach opportunities for youth in grades 5-12, as well as a mission trip opportunity every two years for youth in grades 9-12.
5. Engage with and inform parents/guardians of what is happening in Redeemer’s Middle School ministries and camp ministries.
6. Assist Redeemer’s Youth Director in the implementation of Redeemer’s High School ministry. Attend (currently Sunday nights) and help execute the vision.
7. Implement leadership training opportunities and requirements for volunteer youth leaders.
The full-length description of the results we are looking for in these 7 areas and instructions for submitting your resume is available at www.redeemermn.org/careers.
You could be qualified for this position if:
- You are a Christian who evidences a living faith and a solid knowledge of the Bible.
- You are willing to make Redeemer your church home.
- You have at least 2 years of related experience.
- You are a high school graduate. Some post-high school education or related training is helpful.
- You enjoy working on teams and being an effective team player.
- You have strong leadership, communication, and organizational skills.
- You have the technical skills to run programs such as Microsoft PowerPoint, Word, and Excel.
- You are able and willing to get licensed as a bus driver.
- You can align with the core values embraced by the Redeemer Staff:
- Life grounded in Christ, Holy Spirit empowered, passionate for God
- Outward focused and invitational (evangelistic)
- Joyful and fun
- Servant-hearted; goes above and beyond
- Integrity – Authentic, honest, and trustworthy
- Team player
- Warm and friendly
- Gets it – understands their role, the culture, the systems, the pace, and how the job comes together
- Wants it – understands their role and wants to do it based on fair compensation and responsibility
- Capacity to do it – has time, mental, physical, emotional capacity to do job well