The Director of Connections and Communications is a full-time staff position at Cedar Crest Bible Fellowship Church in Allentown, PA. The director will be responsible for creating systems to help move families and individuals along in their journey from
being first-time guests to becoming healthy, connected, serving members of Cedar Crest Bible Fellowship Church. The director opens the “front door” wider through effective use of media and marketing techniques and the development of an excellent First Impressions
team. He/she closes the “back door” through strategic follow-up, clear communication of the ministry and serving opportunities of CCBFC and helping people to connect to a LIFEgroup and/or serving team in their areas of interest and giftedness.
- Work with the maintenance team and administrative committee to create a modern, attractive and welcoming environment throughout the campus.
- Oversee the Sunday morning “first impressions/guest services” teams; including the welcome center, greeter teams, children’s check-in kiosks and guest reception.
- Oversee the process for guest follow-up.
- Coordinate “discovery” programs such as guest luncheons, “next step” classes, membership classes, Crossroads training, etc. to help new (and regular) attenders get better connected and learn more about CCBFC.
- Develop the overall communication strategy for Cedar Crest’s priorities, events, ministry programs, special services etc.
- Develop and oversee the implementation of CCBFC’s digital media/marketing strategy. Using the church website and various social media platforms he/she will communicate CCBFC’s mission, vision and programs to both the church and local community.
- Oversee the development of quality print materials to communicate the Mission, Vision, ministries and serving opportunities of CCBFC.
- Manage Crossroads (Church Community Builder - online database software) by keeping it up to date, training others how to use it, helping people activate their profiles and using it to its full potential.
- Develop creative ways to communicate ministry opportunities to the congregation and connect people to those opportunities; using Crossroads, brochures, in-service videos/commercials, iServe campaigns, ministry fairs, social media etc.
- Oversee the process for internal, church-wide communication: email updates, News & Notes, Crossroads.
- Manage and update the church website.
Education: A Bachelors in Communications, Marketing, or related field of study is preferred.
Experience: 2-3 years of marketing, advertising or communications related experience
Doctrine: In agreement with the Bible Fellowship Church Articles of Faith
The ideal candidate will possess the following skills and qualifications:
- A love for Jesus Christ and godly character
- A love for people and desire to see them come to a deeper relationship with Christ and His Church
- Mature, committed walk with Christ. The ideal candidate maintains personal spiritual development through Bible reading, prayer, and Christian community
- Interpersonal skills that enable effective collaboration with other ministry leaders and staff.
- A demonstrated ability to effectively administrate programs and people
- Organizational, decision-making and strategic planning skills
- Outgoing, approachable personality
- Demonstrates problem identification, analysis & effective problem-solving
- Practices and models clear and honest communication
- Excellent proofreading and grammar skills
- Strategic perspective on the use of technology to advance the Gospel
- Understanding of information technology
- Understanding of web design, social media, graphic design, and brand management
- Computer skills with working knowledge of MS Office applications, including proficiency in Excel, Word, Publisher and Outlook.