CenterPoint Bible Church
Pastor of Student Ministries
Purpose --- “Equip the CenterPoint Body to Point Students to Jesus Christ and His Word”
The Pastor of Student Ministries will serve as the Pastor of Student Ministries (grades 1-12). This Full Time Pastoral Role includes direct Oversight of the Middle and High School Ministries and indirect oversight of the Children’s Ministries (grades 1-5).
The Pastor of Student Ministries is responsible for giving direction to the overall evangelistic and discipleship ministry of students. He is responsible to promote Outreach with the Lost, Intimacy with God, Community with Others, and Influence in our World
with these groups by leading a team of servants in the planning, promoting, coordinating, conducting and evaluating the student activities of the church.
The Student Pastor is accountable to the Lead Pastor and the Pastor-Elder Board.
Areas of Responsibility
The Student Pastor is responsible for 3 large areas of ministry within the ministry of CenterPoint Bible Church.
- Elementary Ministry – CenterPoint Bible Church is located within ¼ mile of two elementary schools, within 3 miles of two additional elementary schools, and is connected to several Christian elementary schools. The elementary age group
offers a great ministry to the families of the elementary age student, for the spiritual development of students through regular Sunday ministries, and evangelistic opportunities to the students.
- Middle School Ministry – CenterPoint Bible Church has met at Spring Mills Middle School from 2008 to the present. This has created a special relationship between CenterPoint Bible Church and the Spring Mills Middle School. We are also
connected to several Christian Middle Schools in the community and several public middle schools in the area. The Middle School age group presents a time of openness to corporate, small group, and personal evangelism as well the beginnings of discipleship
and spiritual growth.
- High School Ministry – With our connection to Spring Mills High School, CenterPoint Bible Church has a wide-open door of ministry at this school. We are also connected to several Christian High Schools in the community and several public
high schools in the surrounding area. The High School age provides a significant opportunity for personal discipleship and leadership development, an openness with the students to being equipped for personal evangelism, and an openness to small and large
Special Note: The Student Pastor will oversee all 3 areas of ministry; including staff recruitment, preparation, and development. It is expected that this oversight would include direct, year-round involvement with the Middle and High
School Ministries and indirect oversight of the Children’s Christian Education Ministries.
Essential Job Functions
- Integrate the CenterPoint Mission and Vision statement and branding with the Student Ministry
- Lead a team of volunteers in the creation and operation of the regular Student Ministries
- Function creatively in a ministry that operates with limited facilities (Weekly Worship Services in rented public school building, Student Ministries in public school or member’s homes, and a Remote Office situation).
- Direct the recruitment, training, and development of volunteers to staff weekly programs and special events for all Student Ministries
- Direct the recruitment, training, and development of volunteers as needed to staff summer outreach camps
- Cast vision for, teach, and program retreats for Middle and High School students
- Educate, encourage and facilitate students to participate in evangelical and missional outreach locally with peers and community and worldwide.
- Create and manage a Student ministry calendar that will drive all three ministry areas
- Be an active presence in the local schools scheduling periodic visits to interact with students at school.
- Implement student registration and security policies/practices in support of weekly services and special events.
- Assist in the development of an annual budget for all 3 areas of Student Ministries and manage this budget.
- Assist with the development, creative use, and proactive upkeep of ministry facilities and grounds.
- Function as a member of the pastoral staff performing baptism services, weddings, funerals, etc. as related to the needs of the youth.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience
- This position requires a minimum of 3 to 5 years of experience of student ministry in a leadership capacity.
- Possession of a Bachelor’s Degree or Master’s Degree in Biblical studies or related field is required. (Extensive ministry experience, in some cases, can be substituted.)
- The successful individual will have a Christian profession and agree to the Doctrinal Statement and Covenant of CenterPoint Bible Church as evidenced by CenterPoint Membership.
- He will be a strong leader with a solid work ethic; possess a heartfelt passion for Pointing Students to Jesus Christ and His Word and the ability to administrate as a leader of teams. The individuals should demonstrate a working knowledge of creative
programming related to student ministries.
- The successful applicant will be committed to function as a team player who works hard to build loyalty to the Church, leadership, and pastoral staff.