This position will work closely with the NextGen team to align the ministries from birth through high school. The ideal candidate will have a passion for children’s ministry.
- Coordinate volunteers. This will include recruiting, training, celebrating, equipping, and assisting our weekly volunteers.
- Work closely with our teams of volunteers and the directors
- Work directly with the NextGen pastor/team to…
- Review, select, and evaluate curriculum materials and educational tools and policies for the Children’s Ministry.
- Establish ministry goals and objectives on short and long term basis, managing the use of facilities, planning an appropriate budget, delegating tasks and evaluating progress regularly.
- Create and maintain a positive, visible appearance of the Children’s Ministry throughout the church through bulletin boards, signs, Sunday bulletin, newsletters, social media, and other means. In so doing, keep parents informed of all activities that touch
- Coordinate facility and equipment usage for the Children’s Ministry.
- Supervise Preschool and Children’s Sunday School, Nursery, Extended Worship Hour and Kids Worship to ensure program and space coordination.
- Lead all Preschool and Children’s Sunday School workers in regular planning meetings.
- Ensure classrooms and facilities reflect a professional and Christian environment.
- Work with age group directors to maintain an accurate inventory of equipment and supplies, purchasing supplies as needed.
- Develop and implement summer activities for children.
- Supervise, maintain, and offer assistance to paid childcare director.
- Develop one-on-one relationships with children and parents by being a friend and positive role model.
- Counsel with children and parents as necessary.
- Participate with other ministry staff members as a team player.
QUALITIES AND CHARACTERISTICS:
- Mature yet growing Christian with leadership experience that can serve as a role model.
- Growing relationship with Christ
- Priorities at home
- Financial support of church
- Ability to humbly receive counsel and advice.
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION:
- Familiarity with children’ s ministries.
- Bible College Degree preferred but not a requirement.
Interested applicants can send resume to email@example.com.