Purpose and Profile
As a key member of the Journey Ministries staff team, the Worship Director/Pastor will provide leadership to the worship ministries of Journey Ministries.
The Worship Director/Pastor will exhibit having a relationship with Jesus Christ, and actively seeks a deeper relationship with Him. This belief should be lived out in such a way that it is obvious to those in the leadership of Journey Ministries and the
This is a part time position.
Attendance is expected on Sunday morning unless prearranged with the lead Pastor.
The Worship Director/Pastor reports directly to the lead Pastor.
The worship Director/Pastor will be the “producer” of each worship service and special programs. Although the senior pastor is the “director” in terms of setting the theme and overall direction, the worship Director/Pastor will oversee and coordinate all
the details that a service encompasses. The worship pastor must be a visionary who is creative in leading people to God. The worship pastor is a leader who can communicate a direction in a way that inspires those around him/her to join in the pursuit of that
1. The Worship Director/Pastor has a heart for serving in this role, and is a team player with the Journey Ministries staff and church family.
2. The Worship Director/Pastor recognizes that working with a team is essential to successful ministry. It is expected that he/she works closely with other staff members and develops a support team of volunteers made up of team players.
3. The Worship Director/Pastor will be disciplined, flexible and diligent with his/her time, keeping a balance between home and work. While recognizing that there are exceptions in a work week, one’s family should not be sacrificed for the sake of the ministry.
4. Professional review and development should occur through honest and ongoing feedback. Deliberate and meaningful conversations are expected with the Lead Pastor on at least a monthly basis. An annual evaluation of the Worship Director/Pastor will occur
in conjunction with the Lead Pastor.
Job Skill Requirements:
1. Sets a positive example in word, actions, attitude and relationships by showing a passion for Christ and the mission of the Church.
2. Musical competence with instrument and vocals
3. A heart for the spiritual formation of those in the congregation and music ministry.
4. Relational skills and an enthusiastic presence for leading a church in worship.
5. Seeks excellence and flow in the structure of each service.
6. Competence in organization, administration, and interpersonal relationships.
7. Comfortable with the use of technology in worship (sound, computers, PowerPoint, MediaShout, and video projection.)
Ongoing Duties Include:
1. Participating in weekly staff meetings.
2. Planning and leading worship at services and special events.
3. Mentoring and training new musicians and worship leaders.
4. Overseeing elements such as lighting, projection, media, drama.
5. Advise the JMLT in the area of worship budget, organization, and volunteers.
Weekend Service Responsibilities:
1. Worship Director/Pastor will work with the Lead Pastor so that the musical and technical aspects of the service advance the theme for the day.
2. Worship Director/Pastor will oversee song selections, media preparation and presentation, and coordination of all instrumentalists, vocalists and sound tech people.
3. Worship Director/Pastor will work to develop other areas of artistic expression such as drama, dance, drawing and readings.
A faithful Worship Leader magnifies the greatness of God in Jesus Christ through the power of the Holy Spirit by skillfully combining God’s Word with music thereby motivating the gathered church:
To proclaim the gospel
To cherish God’s presence
To live for God’s glory