Summary of Position
The SCG KIDS Elementary Director’s main objective is to oversee the development, growth, and structure for ministries
Kindergarten- 5th grade underneath the support and vision of the SCG KIDS Pastor. This position provides leadership to SCG KIDS Elementary staff and includes investment in leaders, volunteers, children and their families. The goal of this
individual is to create environments and programming that is energetic, fun, and relevant so that children may experience spiritual development and belonging.
- Provides continual oversight and direction to Theater Leads and Associates.
- Coordinates and conducts elementary team meetings that promote team unity, weekend readiness and vision alignment.
- Establishes an annual ministry calendar alongside the SCG KIDS Pastor that is well-balanced, innovative and thoroughly executed.
- Hosts reoccurring Volunteer Orientations that equip, empower, and encourage new individuals interested in serving within the ministry.
- Interacts and invests in children, parents and volunteers by being available to address questions or concerns.
- Schedules and teaches SCG KIDS Baptism classes.
- Serves as a contributing staff member in church-wide outreach events and accepts special projects as assigned.
- Oversees curriculum planning and implementation. (Orange Curriculum)
- Oversees weekly setup and tear down of theaters.
- Oversees large group teaching and worship rehearsals.
- Oversees tech team scheduling and preparedness.
- Oversees required volunteer scheduling.
- Oversees small group supply preparation.
- Oversees individual theater programming budgets.
- Experience. Minimum of 3+ years experience as a staff member in a KIDS Ministry leadership position. (Large church setting experience is preferred.)
- Education. Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university.
(Special consideration will be given to candidates having experience or demonstrated proficiency in this field.)
I. Exhibit a meaningful, growing and ongoing personal relationship with Jesus Christ.
II. Model the biblical standard of personal conduct and lifestyle.
III. Set a Christ-like example in words and actions for both children and adults.
IV. Continue to grow spiritually and professionally through reading, listening to training resources, taking classes etc.
V. Participate regularly in weekend worship services.