Role Summary: The Director of Connecting Ministries is responsible for cultivating an inviting, welcoming, and engaging environment for guests and new members to connect with the First United Methodist Church community as partners together
with God in the work of making disciples of Jesus Christ for the transformation of the world. We believe that successfully engaging in this work centers on building meaningful relationships for faith sharing, exploration, and development. This role works with
various volunteer teams to establish effective pathways for engagement and provides innovative leadership in developing, implementing, and evaluating fruitful ministries.
The ideal candidate will have a passion for helping people build relationships within and beyond the FUMC community. We are seeking someone who can easily meet people where they are and identify appropriate opportunities for them to connect with others in
small groups as well as in outreach ministries. We are especially interested in someone with a willingness to explore creative ways of reaching people new to the Christian faith.
Ministry Environment: The Director of Connecting Ministries serves on our Discipleship Team, a collaborative team of staff ministry leaders focused on working in partnership to make disciples of Jesus Christ in a changed and changing world.
We seek to create synergies across our ministries, when possible, and are intentional about supporting one another through comradery and prayer. We are unapologetically Wesleyan in our beliefs and strive to live out of a servant spirit, reliant upon God’s
Learn more about our congregation at http://www.fumcgt.org/
Qualifications: Ideally, the Director of Connecting Ministries will have at least three+ years of experience in a human relations role, preferably in a ministry setting, as well as an undergraduate degree. We require this person to embody
a deep commitment to Christ and possess the following skills:
- Proven ability to develop quality relationships and establish appropriate boundaries
- Possess insight and awareness in creating relationships with existing or new groups
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Gifted at identifying, training, and empowering volunteer teams
- Outstanding leadership, administrative, and organizational skills
- Ability to thrive in a team environment
- Proficiency in managing multiple priorities with flexibility
- Effective communication skills
- Fun, positive attitude, and an enthusiastic spirit
- Dependable, responsible, and punctual
Salary: Commensurate with experience
To Apply: Please submit resume with cover letter and salary requirements to Rev. Yvonne Snelson (email@example.com).