Sanlando United Methodist Church in Longwood (Orlando area), Florida, is seeking a full-time Director of Student and Young Adult Ministries. The candidate must be a committed disciple of Jesus Christ with a desire to lead fruitful ministry with students
(6th-12th grades) and young adults (ages 18-25) in the local church setting. An understanding of basic Wesleyan theology and United Methodist doctrine is essential.
We seek applicants who possess the following characteristics:
1. At least three to five years of paid experience in youth ministry
2. A certification in youth ministry or a bachelor's degree
3. Proven leadership, interpersonal, organizational and communication skills
4. High energy, creativity, strong work ethic, and a proven ability to lead others
5. A demonstrated commitment to the Christian formation of young people
6. The ability to discern the unique needs of today's young people and adapt the ministry to best facilitate their spiritual
growth in Christ
7. Willingness to lead in both contemporary and traditional worship as desired by the Senior Pastor
The mission of our youth ministry (called The Point) is to be a community of students where everyone is AFFIRMED as a child of God, and youth are MOBILIZED to seek a deeper connection with Jesus Christ, each other, and the world. This is accomplished
through our Sunday morning, Sunday evening, and Wednesday evening programs. The ministry also routinely utilizes summer camps, mission trips, Spring and Fall retreats, youth week, youth Sundays, etc.
The young adult ministry, called Crossroads, is also a primary responsibility of this position and currently meets biweekly. This small group of young adults meets to fellowship and explore Bible themes together, growing in their faith through different
activities within the church and out in the community.
To submit your resume and request a full position description, email email@example.com. Deadline for receiving your resume is February 28, 2018.