Believers Fellowship is a vibrant, growing non-denominational Christian church in Gig Harbor Washington. Emphasizing Connecting to God (worship and biblical teaching), Living in Community (spiritual transformation through life in the Body of Christ), and
Engaging the World (mission), we exist to Live and Share Grace and Truth. The church was founded in a living room in 1978 and has grown to 550 in weekly attendance and 1200 members. We are blessed with generational diversity—a solid foundation of boomers and
a significant number of young families. Spiritual relationships are built through life groups and ministry teams. We are known in our community for our strong biblical teaching, our top-notch children and youth ministries, and the work we do outside the walls
of our church.
Believers Fellowship Student Ministries is going through a healthy transition. After over ten years of serving, our current High School Director is shifting to Family Ministries. Creating ways for marriages to thrive and parents to be confident requires
him to move to oversee the Middle School Ministry, as well as cast vision for the future of families in the church and community. The new High School Director will have full support to create their own vision for HSM and take the ministry to the next stage
of health. We are excited to see what God has in store for us next, and we are eager to add a new High School Director to the ministry team.
Believers Fellowship is looking for an energetic and creative High School Director. The High School Director oversees the spiritual health and direction of students at Believers Fellowship grades 9-12. This individual will also minister to parents, oversee
mid-week “youth group” events, plan and oversee special events, and develop both student leaders and adult mentors, to serve in various ministry roles. This role is accountable to the Family Ministries Director and the elders.
Major Areas of Responsibility
- Minister to students, parents, and adult mentors
- Oversee mid-week youth worship services
- Teach at H.S. and mid-week service and other times as needed
- Plan and oversee special events
- Help pastor the congregation
- Seek out and love students where they are. Provide hope and encouragement to parents. Recruit, train, and equip adults to serve students.
- Create an environment where students can connect with God, connect with friends, and connect with adults that care about them. Provide students the opportunity to be mentored and grow in their relationship with Christ.
- Ask the question “What do we want a disciple of Christ to look like at the end of 4 years if a student is a part of this ministry?” Challenge students through biblical teaching that covers felt needs and real needs in order to lead them to be a disciple.
- Meet regularly with the elders and staff, to ensure the staff executes the vision cast by the elders with excellence.
- Pastor the congregation, leading them to greater spiritual maturity, love for God, and love for others.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Qualified to be on the path to be an elder as described in 1 Timothy 3:1–7; Titus 1:6–9
- Excellent leadership, communication, and organization skills
- Demonstrated ability to inspire spiritual growth through teaching and writing
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task
- Demonstrated ability maintain deadlines
- Demonstrated ability to work on a team
- Demonstrated ability to supervise a staff
- Demonstrated ability to plan and execute major events
- Proficiency in desktop publishing software: Microsoft Word, Excel, Publisher, and Outlook (or equivalent software); iMovie/Adobe Premier
Education and Experience
- Bachelor degree in related field (Biblical Studies, family ministry, student ministry, Christian education, or spiritual leadership)
- Minimum of three years of experience leading a ministry team
- Annual salary commensurate with education and experience ranging from $50,000-$55,000
- Family medical insurance.
- Two-weeks paid vacation.
We are partnering with Kingdom Candidates to find the right fit for this position. Follow this link to find the job posting, and create your profile. https://kingdomcandidates.com/jobs/52
You can then get more in depth views of our church and our community. We answer theology questions, staff culture, and even go into detail about what to expect in moving to Gig Harbor, Wa.
You will also be able to answer a questionnaire so we can get to know you more. Thank you for taking this extra step, and we look forward to connecting.