River of Life is a multi-generational church with a contemporary worship style that blends fresh songs of modern worship. Services are purposefully designed to complement the sermon. The atmosphere is "Minnesota nice," warm and welcoming. As you walk into
the main lobby you are greeted with warm smiles in a freshly updated lobby. There is a buzz in the air with energy and activity of people connecting and sharing life.
Located just 30 miles northwest of Minneapolis, River of Life Church (ROL) was established 24 years ago by the Evangelical Free Church of America. Senior Pastor, Dave Johnson, has led the church for 23 of those years, bringing godly leadership, strong Bible
teaching, and a warm and engaging family atmosphere. Currently, ROL welcomes 400-500 adults, youth and children to church each week.
ROL is in a season of preparation for growth that is to come. Over the last year they have significantly invested in updating the facilities and bringing alignment within their staff structure. They are placing a high value on having a great staff environment
as God leads them to an exciting future. This will be a great place to grow in skill, confidence and creativity.
After five years of being a portable church, ROL planted permanent roots on a beautiful 40-acre campus just outside the town of Elk River. The 15-year-old campus includes a 550-seat worship center and support space for children and youth. The church is currently
updating its facilities and, in the future, hopes to expand ministry space to accommodate future growth.
To work with Creative Arts Director to develop high level worship atmosphere for the purpose of growing our Sunday Morning and Wednesday night worship environments. Be an important part in developing our upcoming Otsego, MN campus.
- Lead worship for the Sunday Morning experience at Main Campus or Otsego Campus
- Lead worship Wednesday nights weekly at Kinetic Youth
- Recruit teens for Wednesday night worship
- Develop and lead team for Community Bible Camp (Summer Kids Event)
- Give input into the planning of weekly worship experiences
- Develop intern platform for recruitment and implementation of young worship leaders from local colleges
- Work as needed with the Creative Arts Director on worship related needs
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must be a born-again believer and be committed to maturing in their walk with the Lord Jesus Christ.
- Fully endorse and follow the EFCA Statement of Faith, ROL Constitution, Mission, Vision, and values.
- An inspirational leader who is excellent at team-building using the church body (volunteers): recruiting, and equipping singers, musicians, soundboard and video/lighting people.
- Technical ability around sound (audio), video (camera, projection, streaming, etc.) lighting, including lighting design and visual (stage) design.
- Creative thinking and problem-solving skills
- Strong computer and technology knowledge and skills. Working knowledge of ProPresenter, Abelton, Vista and Digital Sound Boards are a plus.
- Pursuing a degree/career in church worship ministry, worship leading, music production or stage production field, or another related career.
- Minimum of 1 year of training or experience related to position requirements.
If interested, please send your resume with faith journey and video of you leading others in worship.