First Baptist Church is a ministry with a long established history in our community of Charlotte. We are a loving church family that desires to grow in our relationship with God. We also desire to make a greater impact in our community and around the world.
There is a renewed excitement at First Baptist Church and we are fired up about all that the Lord is doing. We are looking for the right person to come on board and partner with us as we continue to grow.
The Associate Pastor is a full-time position that will work in a highly collaborative role with the senior pastor and church board in providing Spirit-led leadership that engages all generations in our vision and mission. Initially, the associate pastor
will have responsibility for and provide oversight for various ministry teams, working closely with these ministry team leaders. He will also be a part of designing and implementing systems for assimilation, moving people from their first encounter to fully
devoted followers of Christ. It is our desire that this person will grow in building a strong connection with our body, developing into our full-time pastor of discipleship and outreach as we fill the other ministries with full time pastoral staff.
This role requires strong organizational and mentoring skills for the development of leaders and effective ministry teams. It also requires a deep dependence on God and an open mind regarding how we reach lost souls and bring them into relationship with
- Loves Jesus, loves people, and wants to impact the Kingdom.
- Commitment to living a balanced life, seeking to live a life consistent with the “above reproach” requirements of an elder as set forth in I Timothy 3:1-12 and Titus 1:5-9.
- Develop, execute and maintain a philosophy of ministry, ministry plan, strategies, and ministry budget.
- Model discipleship and be responsible for producing disciples and disciple-makers.
- Other pastoral responsibilities such as providing pastoral care (including counseling), and participating in weddings, funerals, baptisms, church events, meetings, visitation, etc. as required.
- Other related duties as required by the Senior Pastor.
- Has experience leading in church ministry.
- Good communication & recruiting skills.
- Strong discipleship skills. Understands how to care about people and goals at the same time.
- Likes designing and implementing strategies, systems & processes.
- Creating an environment and system that is conducive for plugging new people into ministry.
- Experience developing leadership in the areas of small and midsized adult groups.
- Embrace/support the Church's vision and unreservedly hold to the Church's statement of beliefs.
- Practice the Church's approach to ministry and embody the Church's culture.
- Prepare and deliver sermon messages (about 10 times per year)
- Provide perspective to overall church operations as a member of the church staff.
- Outreach minded with a natural desire to get engaged in the local community and
attract young people and young families.
- Proven experience in successfully mentoring adult ministry team leaders and team
- Extraverted and approachable demeanor; natural chemistry for connecting with people
- Five years of experience as a pastor in the local church
We believe the next chapter for First Baptist is an exciting one. We believe it will be a time of significant change. The church understands the need for godly leaders who are willing to embrace God's vision for this church and lead us into the next chapter
If, after prayerfully reviewing this information, you sense this role and church culture could be a good fit for you, please send a resume, cover letter, family photo and a link of you teaching to: firstname.lastname@example.org …
You may also want to visit www.fbcchar.org to see our basic beliefs.
All questions, inquiries, and resumes
must be channeled through the email provided. We will send a confirmation that your resume and or questions have been received. After we have reviewed all information you will receive updates and follow up instructions
if you are selected to move on in the process. Please do NOT call the church, and do not attempt to contact through our website. We will not consider any applicant that attempts to do so.
Please submit all resumes/inquiries to: email@example.com