Responsible for leading, developing and spiritually discipling the music team at Venture Church. Responsible for the musical execution of the campus weekend and all other high-profile events. Responsible for recruiting teams to accomplish all musical needs
for Venture Church.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Participate in the planning including research and brainstorming for weekend and other high-profile events
- Oversee the vision and strategic initiatives for music at Venture
- Lead the assistant music director in fulfilling his or her role of leading instrumental, band and composition including scoring of original music.
- Oversee rehearsals for weekend and special events involving music and lead worship on a regular basis.
- Lead regularly scheduled music team building/training workshops as needed.
- Recruit, lead and develop other worship leaders, musicians, and vocalists for weekend services and other events/services.
- Recruit and lead auditions for vocalists and assist in recruitment and auditions of musicians.
- Organizational skills in scheduling worship leaders and vocalists for all services.
- Have ability in making vocal charts. Working knowledge of music software a plus.
- Oversee all details involving music including Planning Center posting and casting.
- Lead/Maintain excellence with the Creative Arts Director & other producers– establish quantifiable goals and accountability (i.e. team development, recruitment, personal development, weekly direct reports)
- Strategically serve in the community to build relationships within your artistic giftedness
- Provide consulting as needed for music ministries within the church including Children and Student ministries.
- Development and oversight of the music budget & purchases
- Collaboration in conjunction with assistant music director with Tech for lighting & audio needs for all Musical Elements
This position requires the following minimum requirements:
- Education: Undergraduate degree in a related field or equivalent experience in leadership, music, vocal training, music technology, team development, and management.
- Experience: Demonstrated ability to cast artistic vision and lead and build teams. Experience in large local church ministry and discipling leaders.
- Requirements: Partnership at Venture Church. Affirmation of the mission, vision, values, and beliefs of Venture Church
- Attend Monthly Staff meeting second Friday of each month
- Attend Arts Conference and Global Leadership Summit yearly