High School Pastor
We’re looking for you if you have a heart for high school students, and a proven ability to go get ‘em. If you love the great outdoors — rivers, lakes, mountains, bike trails, and sweeping vistas, Redding CA and Neighborhood Church is for you.
We are a large church (about 3,000) in small town and a great place to work, and are eager to welcome our next youth pastor.
We’re praying for a person with:
- A high-capacity for leadership, who can oversee other staff and recruit, train, and release volunteers.
- A philosophy that mobilizes youth to reach youth and releases them into ministry and leadership, while setting them up for success.
- A strong desire for evangelism and growth.
- An ability to communicate the Word of God with theological accuracy and depth.
- A humble willingness to serve in a variety of areas as needed.
- A teachable spirit.
- An understanding of grace and how it delivers us from legalism.
- A set of skills in organization and team building. Self-motivated. A go-getter. A passion to get things done.
- Experience of working with and growing a youth group into the hundreds.
- An ability to bring parents into the loop as much as possible.
- A desire to minister to the whole family.
- A passion to reach the students throughout our city with grace.
- A track record of organizing and pulling off large events, camps, and stuff.
- The wisdom to see the importance of connecting with students throughout the week, and pastoring them in a variety of settings.
- A systems mindset.
- An understanding that you’re part of a team that is part of a church. You contribute to the growth and maturity of the whole.
- Ability to preach is a plus.
- Ability to lead other departments is a plus.
To apply: Email your resume (2 pages max) and a single page cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Resume (2 pages max) in .pdf format
- Cover letter (1 page max) in .pdf format
- Links, if any, to your teaching, speaking, or events.
- Tell us about the size of your current church and youth ministry, and your role within it.
- This is not a starter position. Experience is required. Thank you.
- Full agreement and support with the doctrinal position of the Christian and Missionary Alliance (http://cmalliance.org/about/beliefs/doctrine)
- Agreement with our positions on Grace, Eternal Security, and other important values (visit neighborhood.cc for more)
- Supportive of fellow staff and senior pastor.
- Ordained or willing to pursue ordination with the Alliance.
- B.A. required, M.Div. or M.A. desired.
- Three years experience in youth ministry.
- Experience in large church youth ministry (over 800 in church or 100 in youth ministry)