The Family Ministry Associate is responsible to assist in supporting weekend programming at NCC campuses and also to support creative and discipleship efforts to influence parents and help kids to grow to be fully devoted followers of Christ, with a passion
for His Word, an excitement about His church, and a commitment to serving His people!
Reports to: Family Ministry Director
The Family Ministry Associate supports all kids weekend programming efforts and trainings, assists with communication strategies and implementation, has curriculum oversight and development, assists with events, and other efforts as needed. This position
is responsible for supporting resource development for children’s programming throughout the week and for the weekend services. He/She will maintain consistent communication with the Director of Family Ministry and the Children’s Pastor as they collaborate
in efforts to disciple younger generations.
- Support Family Ministry communications and marketing efforts. (Monthly Parent Insider, parent emails and surveys, website, e-mail, listserv, and social media.)
- Assistance with design, technology management (blogs, websites, databases, etc.) and other creative media efforts.
- Assist with development and design of Holiday and Milestone discipleship resources.
- Assist with design and development of resources to support parents to be intentional with faith at home.
- Support efforts for discipleship efforts such as Spiritual Legacy, Baptism, Faith Foundations, Baseline and Promotion (Including curriculum writing, materials, event marking and execution).
- Assist with initiatives to support Parents (parenting resources, blog, parenting events.)
- Lead chidren’s programming at assigned locations (schedules, teams, training, on-boarding, supply and distribution, etc.).
- Assist with database management and training for Family Ministry.
- Assistance with location budgets and expenses.
- Assist with the launch of new initiatives at locations.
- Assist in communicating and executing location efforts, including Open House, Missions, Christmas Show practices, Holiday discipleship efforts and Refresh.
- Assist with design and development of content for Location Materials: t-shirts, first impression kits, name badges, table signs, table banners, etc.
- Assit with design and development for Location Environments: signage, etc.
- Collaborate to write, script, video training resources.
- Assist with technology and production support at locations.
Event Oversight and Support
- Support Execution of Live Delivery Family Ministry Events (FXs, Christmas Show, etc.).
- Support Execution of Family Ministry Events (Dad and Dudes/Daughters, One Day Adventure Day, Rally, parenting events, etc.)
Curriculum Oversight and Development
- Develop and distribute Elementary and Preschool Curriculum.
- Lead and execute media plan for weekend programming (Including worship, lessons and slides and uploading to Dropbox, LeadSmall and USB’s).
- Assist and support big picture curriculum plans. (Including Sunday Funday and A18 Kids Mission Series development: content, media, video, and “add-on” curriculum development).
Required Qualifications and Skills:
- Desire and passion to serve Christ in the local church
- Excellent communication skills – verbal, visual, written, and relational
- Attention to detail and accuracy even on time sensitive projects
- Strong problem solving and organizational skills
- Flexibility to plan and work on multiple projects simultaneously; effectively manage time and prioritize workload
- Ability to turn around projects on short timelines
- Be a great team player who thrives on providing timely, high–quality support; maintaining strong relationships with volunteers
- To reflect Christ in your words and actions in your personal life and ministry. You will be looked up to as you model the Christian faith, and the way you live your life should reflect the Gospel (Living lives of holiness, purity, and free from addictions)
- In agreement with the NCC Leadership Covenant and Core Values