1. Plan the corporate worship services in consultation with the senior Pastor and do so with prayer, conceptual forethought, theological accuracy, and musical appropriateness. Ensure all musical and technical aspects of the services advance the worship experience.
Oversee song and choral selection, media preparation, and presentation, sound, lighting enhancements, and coordination of all instrumentalist, vocalists, and dramatist.
2. Build the necessary teams to carry out all aspects of worship ministry - seasonal choir/ musicians, praise team, worship arts, sound, and video technicians.
3. Serve as worship leader in all worship services.
4. Direct all weekly activities and rehearsals necessary to facilitate worship in services.
5. Plans and coordinates seasonal and special event presentations.
6. Provide pastorial care for worship team.
7. Provide leadership in creating new worship oppoutunities for all ages that align with the mission and vision of FBCU.
1. Develop and administer an annual budget for the worship ministry in accordance with the financial policies of the church.
2. Set annual goals for the worship ministry that are in line with our vision and evaluate how they were attained or modified during the year.
3. Attend staff meetings and participate in the planning of church programs that will fulfil the mission of the church, including participation in various church committies, programs, and ministries as directed.
4. Coordinate and communicate scheduling of all worship ministry activities and the related use of facilities as needed to minimize conflicts with other groups or events.
5. Perform other responsibilities as needed to advance the mission of the church.
1. Maintain regular and disciplined personal worship, Bible study and Prayer.
2. Exemplify the spiritual qualifications of a pastor/deacon.
B. Education; Bachelor degree (music prefered)
1. Minimum of 10 years as a worship minister in a large church.
2. Exemplifies an evangelistic life style.
1. A pastor as well as a gifted vocalist and musician.
2. A heart for the spiritual formation of those in the congregation and the worship ministry.
3. Relational skills and an enthusiastic presence for leading a large church in worship.
4. Skilled in vocal and instrumental direction.
5. Skilled in organizational, administrative, and interpersonal relationships.
6. Skilled in the use of technology in worship and in the use of sound, lighting, computers, presentation software, and video projection.
7. Ability to incorporate other art forms.