Leads a team of leaders and volunteers in building and sustaining a life giving, parent-partnered, fun and safe kid's and student ministry." (crib - college)
Creating a more effective way of reaching and teaching young people of all ages, from Crib to College, to reap the benefits of a ministry that is family-friendly and relational.
NextGen will be a shared ministry effort vs. a silo ministry. The person will need to have an understanding, heart, and vision. To embrace a broadened perspective from newborns to 12th graders, aka, Crib to College. NextGen involves a strategic
plan with measurable goals and clear objectives for each age. There is to be mixed-age activities, relationships, and family involvement. Young people should be led to take active roles in Revolution. Keep big-picture concepts and our end-results in mind.
Transition from current Kids Ministry to NextGen Ministry which takes time, teamwork, humility, and persistence. This requires outside-the-box thinking, as we allow God, in His wisdom, to reveal new ways to reach children and partner with parents. Parents
are onboard because the whole family is kept in mind.
Criteria for position
- Be a fully devoted follower of Jesus Christ.
- Embrace the vision of the Lead Pastor.
- Had experience and proven track record of leading leaders in a church setting. Prior staff experience helpful.
- Been a staff member at a church of any size OR high-level volunteer leader at a church of 500 or more.
- Enjoys the approach of pastors such as Andy Stanley & Craig Groeschel.
- Enthusiastic about an attractional approach to ministry (high production, pop culture songs, practical messages.)
- Can pass a background check.
- Be in alignment with Revolution’s strategy, vision, and beliefs.
- Must fit into Revolution’s culture.
- Must be positive and friendly.
- Exercise good time management skills.
- Manage conflict and maintain emotional control under stress.
- Maintain a high level of excellence in your appearance, work habits and quality of work performed.
- Maintain a teachable attitude.
- Remove silos, and create relationships between Cribs to College.
- Skilled in identifying, attracting and recruiting new leaders.
- Experience in empowering people and leading volunteers.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Successful leadership experience in vision setting.
- Able to administer and organize budgets, events and ministry communications.
- Possess an obvious passion for ministry to the next generation.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Submit to the vision of the Lead Pastor.
- Casting vision to the NextGen leaders, students & parents.
- Maintain a vibrant personal relationship with Jesus.
- Lead, manage, and oversee NextGen Ministry (Crib to College).
- Keeps NextGen Ministry moving forward.
SPECIFIC TASKS TO MANAGE
- Recruit and equip volunteers to serve in various aspects of Crib to College.
- Meet monthly with all direct reports.
- Conduct Leadership Training to develop volunteer leaders to manage and lead multiple kids and youth experiences.
- Develop and lead NextGen special events and outreach project in conjunction with the vision of Revolution.
- Manage and lead attending summer camps and eventually develop Revolution Summer Camp.
- Do four Orange Moments a year from the main stage.
- Organize NextGen involvement in Gathering.
- Oversee the preparation for a Family Dedication two times per year.
- Run background checks on every new volunteer over the age of 18.
- Maintain IN State Police account.
- Create and maintain all necessary documents (job descriptions, covenant, volunteer applications, check-in pages & stickers, info cards, sign-up sheets, graphics, signs, etc.)
- Oversee that NextGen areas and equipment and supplies are properly maintained and cared for.
- Keep parents and teams updated and encouraged through My Revolution and all communications avenues.
- Other duties as assigned by the Director of Operations and Lead Pastor.
- Oversee the design of the new NextGen brand, logo, graphics, tshirts, etc.
GET TO KNOW US…
On November 15, 2009, a group of about 20 adults gathered in a Community Building in Logansport, IN, for a meeting about the future of a new and different church in our Logansport, IN. Anthony and Shawna Cozzello officially announced their leadership and
commitment to the church, and we voted on a name: Revolution Community Church.
That core group of 20 expanded to about 40 people. The church launched on September 12, 2010, with a weekly Sunday Gathering on the 3rd floor of PNC Bank in downtown Logansport. Yes, you had to take the elevator to church. It was…different. The church
quickly multiplied to around 100 passionate Jesus followers as people were beginning a relationship with Jesus at our Sunday Gatherings and growing in their faith.
In 2011, as we were out of room and creative ideas on how to “do church” on the 3rd floor of a bank, we almost miraculously (that’s a story for another time) found a store front location on the east end of Logansport in the Cass Plaza Shopping Center. In
the store front, Revolution has grown to an average weekly attendance of over 500 people with dozens of life groups that meet throughout the week for support and discipleship.
A massive remodel of the facility took place in 2014 to provide more space for our growing Kid’s Ministry, 100 more seats in our Gathering Room, and enough square footage to start The Revolution Counseling Center - which has been experiencing exponential
growth ever since.
We’ve now nearly reached the seven-year mark, and the passion to reach Logansport and beyond with the gospel message is bigger and brighter than ever.
Anthony, our Lead Pastor, began casting vision in 2015 for a new Revolution facility. In 2017 we purchased the former Staples retail store and are currently remodeling it for the future home of our Logansport campus. Construction is expected to be finalized
summer of 2018.
Revolution also has vision to be a multi-site church with locations in Micropolitan Communities throughout the Midwest and beyond. We are part of a network of churches called New Thing with a vision to plant dozens of churches in north central Indiana in
the next 5 years. We believe there is no limit to what God is wanting to do with this local church.
Logansport is a small town right in the middle of northern Indiana. We are an hour straight north of Indianapolis, and an hour straight south of South Bend, the college football capital of the world. We are 30 minutes away from 2 larger communities, Lafayette
and Kokomo, with several shopping and dining options.
Logansport is multi-cultural town where about 75% of the population is White/Caucasian, 20% is Hispanic/Latino, and 5% African American and Burmese. Logansport Schools are the 4th most diverse school system in the state of Indiana. This multi-cultural
flavor to our community has brought some unique businesses and restaurants to the downtown area of our city. We have Mexican grocery stores, bakeries, restaurants, and many other establishments only found in a culturally diverse community like Logansport.
Of course we are a small town, and there are some things we don’t offer that are found in larger cities, but in the past 5-10 years a new 5 cinema movie theater has been built, a Home Depot, Buffalo Wild Wings, and a new shopping strip mall. We have one
of the largest outdoor trail systems in the state of Indiana that connects most of our city parks. We are home to the State Theater, a 500 seat, 1950’s style live arts theater that has hosted comedians like Heywood Banks and musical artists like Henry Lee
Summer and Brett Michaels.
The main economy of our area is agricultural, and we enjoy 4 distinct seasons every year. Logansport is a great place to start a family, raise a family, or transition to that next step in life, whatever it may be.