PURPOSE OF POSITION: To inspire, equip and train all Children’s Ministry Staff and Volunteers to disciple the children and parents of Crossroads Church. This includes all early childhood, preschool, elementary and pre-teen weekly programming
and special events.
Reports to: Pastor of Student Ministries and Senior Pastor
ESSENTIAL Personal Traits:
- A personal commitment to follow Jesus, love others like Jesus and pursue living like Jesus
- A deep appreciation for the local church as God’s established plan to make disciples who make disciples
- Senses a call by God into full-time ministry
- Fully embraces the mission, vision and core values of Crossroads Church
- Relatable and Approachable – enjoys interacting with families; children and, in particular, parents
- Flexible – Handles change well and cooperates with others to provide workable solutions to unforeseen challenges
- Uses appropriate judgement in the areas of discretion, sensitivity and confidentiality.
- Exhibits professionalism as demonstrated by a conscientious work ethic, cooperation and accountability.
- Takes initiative and is a self-starter – needs little guidance or motivation to fulfill responsibilities
IDEAL PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS:
- College degree in related ministry field
- Experience in designing and developing creative children’s ministry environments
- Experience in recruiting, motivating, equipping and scheduling volunteers
- Evidence of proven organizational skills
- Effective communication skills (written, verbal, interpersonal)
- Above average multi-tasking skills and ability to prioritize projects
- Experience in building and leading teams of multiple team members
- Enthusiasm to stay current on children’s ministry news and resources
- Basic familiarity and working knowledge of “Orange”
- Willingness to undergo a thorough background check
- Competency with basic computer software (Excel, Word, Publisher, PowerPoint), and the capacity to learn new software.
- Crossroads is one church in two locations. Therefore, these responsibilities pertain to leadership of two campuses and potentially a third.
- The CMD is directly involved in the Elementary programming at the Plymouth campus as there is not an Elementary Coordinator position at this time.
- The CMD role is to lead paid and volunteer Ministry Coordinators in this manner…
- To lead with a passion for children and parents to be grounded in the Word of God
- To lead with a passion for the Gospel to be central in the home of every family that attends Crossroads
- Provide vision, strategy and innovative development for all Children’s Ministry environments
- Meet regularly with Coordinators to encourage them in ministry endeavors
- Inspire Christ followers to utilize their giftedness to disciple children
- To make certain ministry environments are equipped with volunteers and resources to accomplish the goal of discipling children to follow Jesus. Ensure clear and ongoing communication with volunteers is maintained.
- Select (in conjunction with ministry coordinators), purchase and oversee the implementation of all Christ-centered curriculums for the Large Group/Small Group teaching environments
- Ensure that materials are prepared for use by coordinators and volunteer teams
- Encourage parent participation by equipping them to nurture their child’s faith.
- Establish and maintain a good secure system and team for child check-in and pick up
- Work with the Usher Team to provide a safe ministry environment
- Prepare and oversee budget for the children’s ministry.
- Develop and maintain policies and procedures as needed
- Provide training for all Children’s Ministry Coordinators
- Recruit, train, and coordinate volunteers to serve in the various children’s ministry environments (weekly ministries as well as special events)
- Assist Coordinators in handling situations that arise during programmed times and special events: staffing, parental relations, behavior problems, accidents, etc.
- Attend staff meetings as assigned
- Participate on the Next Gen Team. This team is led by the Pastor of Student Ministries
- Coordinate with the Access Ministries Director (special needs) to develop clear and intentional procedures and policies when involving Children’s Ministry
- Willing to work evenings and weekends occasionally as needed for special events
- Works closely with all ministries within Crossroads Church
- Oversee Children’s Ministry for all-church events as directed; including, but not limited to Good Friday services, periodic conferences and other uncommon events.
Salary and Benefits:
- Pay is based upon standard pay matrix used at CEFC according to experience, position and classification.
- Mileage reimbursement to be made whenever a personal vehicle is used to accomplish any church-related task.
- All church-related conferences and training programs approved by the church will be paid by the church.
*Any inquiries in response to this opportunity can be sent to email@example.com