This Pastor will provide oversight, instruction, and leadership to the Junior High/High School Ministry of Scottsdale Bible Church’s Cactus Campus.
Full Time, minimum 40 hours per week, exempt
- Execute the vision of Scottsdale Bible Church Student Ministry as established by the Pastor of Student Ministry.
- Work with SBC leadership to understand the goals and objectives of the church. Pursue an understanding of leadership’s expectations of the Student Ministry as it relates to the all-church goals, services and events.
- Recruit, nature and deploy leaders.
- Build trust and rapport along all lines of involvement, including students, parents, volunteers and staff.
- Ensure that all policies and procedures are established and adhered to for all areas within Student Ministry.
- Develop and monitor annual goals, objectives and budgets in a timely manner.
- Develop an annual student ministry plan and budget that supports the church-wide goals. Manage Student and activities to stay within the annual budget.
- Create fun, age-appropriate program options for Sunday, mid-week services and special events.
- Work with Scottsdale Bible Church Student Ministry Pastor in coordinating High School Winter and Summer/Fall camps.
- Create additional programs to pour into the lives of students and their families.
- Serve in a pastoral role to counsel and guide parents. Establish programs to assist in educating parents under the umbrella of the grace-based parenting philosophy.
- Work with the broader staff to create outreach opportunities for students and their parents.
- Review, revise, elect and/or develop as needed curriculum and age appropriate learning objectives for all programs.
- Recruit, nurture, equip, motivate, and encourage a large network of volunteers and volunteer leaders to support these programs. It is estimated that 50-60% of the Student Ministry Director’s time will be spent recruiting, training, equipping, and encouraging
“the saints (be they volunteers and/or staff) to do the work of the mission.”
- Preach weekly in Student Ministry programming.
- Perform other church duties as assigned.
MISSION CRITICAL RESPONSIBILITIES
- Proactively communicate, support and fulfill the mission, vision, core values, purposes and goals of SBC.
- Build a volunteer team who collectively and individually assists in accomplishing the SBC vision.
- Maintain open and frequent communication with the supervisor, staff and team.
SBC STUDENT MINISTRY WILL:
- Offer fun, creative, and relevant programs that students love to attend and bring their friends, and where parents love to bring their children.
- Ensure each student learns of Jesus and has opportunity to choose to follow Him.
- Ensure students mature in Christ in their understanding of God’s Word, and that knowledge and training are translated into action.
- Provide ways for students to serve.
- Provide the means to reach students in the community.
- Provide parents and the adult congregation with an understanding of students’ role in ministry and with a vision for reaching students for Christ.
- Beliefs consistent with SBC’s Statement of Faith.
- Fully committed follower of Christ and have a growing walk with God.
- Some college/vocational school and education in the Scripture.
- At least 3 years ministry experience.
- Ability to organize and coordinate people, activities and retreats.
- Ability to lead, equip and release volunteers to do the ministry.
- Ability to study and teach the Scripture.
- Communicate well with students as well as parents.
- Willingly participate and lead in a team.
- Creatively solve problems and compassionately intervene in conflict.
TO APPLY PLEASE USE THE FOLLOWING LINK: