KIDLIFE PASTOR/DIRECTOR JOB OVERVIEW:
Brooklife Church is a growing nondenominational church outside of Milwaukee, WI. We are seeking a Pastor/Director to join our team and lead our Kidlife ministry. This person will direct a team of individuals committed to making our church a place for every
kid, birth-5th grade, by creating loving and exciting environments specifically for them.
Prospective candidates will be evaluated for compatibility based upon these 3 areas:
- Develop leaders. Recruit and develop leaders, interns, and team members. As leaders, we are called to equip members of the congregation to do the work of service.
- Vision. Cast vision for children’s ministry. Communicate with pastoral team, parents, team members, and children.
- Oversee the development of children’s ministry. Plan and coordinate all the elements of the Sunday experience, special events, and classes.
- Lead and develop team(s) with a high level of excellence. This includes, amongst other things, recruit and train team on curriculum; prepare teams well in advance; develop leaders and teams as well as varied and innovative activities.
- Communicate efficiently and timely. Through the use of such tools as MyBrooklife.com, communicate clearly and timely with parents and team members.
- Security policies. Follow Brooklife’s Safe and Secure policy in all areas of children’s ministry.
- Create an engaging children’s environment. This includes such things as set designs, slides, furnishings, music, and interactions.
- Effectively manage the Children’s Ministry budget.
- Work with the Communication Director and Pastor/Director Team on how to best communicate values, events, and key initiatives.
- NextGen Milestones. Communicate with NextGen Team important connects for transitioning students between ministries.
- Parents. Develop effective parent communications which allows parents to remain primary in their child’s spiritual development.
- Pastoral Staff. Function as a member of the church’s pastoral staff performing baptism services, weddings, funerals, etc.
- Network. Be active in local and regional network activities. Help develop and coordinate network children’s retreats.
- Maintain a growing, healthy (although not perfect) relationship with God.
- Lead with humility.
- Devote yourself to accountability within the context of community. This includes being an active part of a house group.
- Be a spiritual leader at home.
- Make relationships with your fellow staff and ministry leaders a high priority.
- Live out the values of the Leadership Covenant.
- Believe in and promote the values and DNA of Brooklife Church.
- Perform general pastoral duties as needed.
- Contribute regularly to the overall vision of Brooklife through the pastoral team.
- Total compensation negotiable based on experience and education