TITLE: Executive Pastor
STAFF POSITION: Full-time Salary
MISSION STATEMENT OF CORNERSTONE CHURCH
In everything, we will glorify God and build relationships,
connecting people with the person and work of Jesus Christ.
To support the Lead Pastor on our mission through leadership development, administration, and pastoral responsibilities.
DESCRIPTION OF EXECUTIVE PASTOR
- HUMBLE: Believes in the mission and values of our leadership. Has no desire for the main stage, but is comfortable, capable and confident to lead when called upon. Greatest satisfaction comes
from seeing the development of people he has invested in, succeed and shine in their leadership roles.
- HUNGRY: Believes with all his heart that Jesus Christ changes everything. Passionate and courageous in his desire to help others discover the power of this good news. There is nothing more
rewarding to him than seeing lives changed and continuously transformed through the Holy Spirit and work of Jesus Christ.
- SMART: Has the ability to think critically, solve problems creatively, and recognize the steps needed to see a vision through to completion (Big and small). Can take a big idea and develop
it through a well-designed systematic process. Someone who is willing to learn; constantly evaluating and implementing new strategies and ideas into his work.
GENERAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Support the Lead Pastor and staff in Cornerstone’s mission through ministry. Direct the staff and various ministries effectively through discernment, evaluation, decision making, and planning. The Executive Pastor will encourage and develop an effective
staff team that builds on the strength of each pastor/staff person/ministry leader's God given talents. The Executive Pastor will also build a foundation of new ministry and systems as Cornerstone grows.
SCOPE OF WORK
Primary Collaborator with the Lead Pastor
- Provide support and help execute the Lead Pastor’s vision and strategy, along with the Church's core values.
- In conjunction with the Lead Pastor, set agendas for meetings, planning sessions, etc.
- Meet weekly with the Lead Pastor for the purpose of reporting, planning, and evaluating.
- Primary contributor to Lead Pastor’s protection of time and resources for spiritual vitality.
- Identify, develop, and disciple lay people into leadership roles in the Church.
- Lead the efforts of hiring or firing key staff members.
- Provide resources/training that assists staff in fulfilling
- Supervise, encourage, and develop staff into effective leaders.
- Creatively implement ideas for making the staff feel valued.
- Oversee an annual budgeting process that reflects Cornerstone’s mission and values.
- Implement salary reviews and recommendations to the Lead Pastor/Elder Board.
- Monitor expenses and revenue on a continual basis.
- Watch over the liability of the church as it relates to money, property, lawsuits, etc.
- Oversight of bookkeeper and the day-to-day financial functions and policies/procedures.
- Work with the Facilities Director in the implementation of systems/infrastructure that will help lower operational costs and improve appearance/maintenance of the facility/campus.
- Lead the church’s building programs which includes: capital fund campaigns, master planning, design and architecture, contractor selection, and construction.
General Pastoral responsibilities
- Participate in weekly teaching team meetings and preach every 6-8 weeks
- Regularly assist with hosting weekly Church services.
- Assist in pastoral care, counseling, weddings, and funerals.
- Guest Services and Assimilation.
This is a full-time position. Competitive salary. Specific Benefits will be provided throughout the interview process. Salary will be based on experience and qualifications.
Submit your resume through churchstaffing.com and provide a link to a sample of you preaching along with a recent photo of yourself. Provide written answers to the following questions.
- How do you maintain your daily walk and spiritual vibrancy?
- What do you enjoy most in your current position?
- How do you feel your spiritual gifts and experiences might be a fit for Cornerstone Community Church?
- What is most needful for the church in our culture today?