LEAD PASTOR JOB DESCRIPTION
Provide strong leadership and oversight to the ministry of Grace Church in concert with the Board of Elders. The intention of this leadership is to take the church to the next level of spiritual growth by expanding the theologically sound leadership base,
thereby equipping the saints for ministry, resulting in increasing ability to fulfill the vision to know Christ and to make Christ known.
- PREACH & TEACH THE WORD OF GOD IN CLEAR, COMPELLING AND EFFECTIVE WAYS
- EQUIP AND MENTOR CURRENT PASTORS AND LEADERS FOR INCREASINGLY EFFECTIVE SERVICE
- CREATE A DISCIPLESHIP PIPELINE TO IDENTIFY AND EQUIP FUTURE LEADERS
- LEAD THE CHURCH BY CONVEYING CLEAR BIBLICAL VISION AND DEVELOPING EFFECTIVE STRATEGIC PLANS TO EQUIP THE BODY FOR SPIRITUAL GROWTH AND SERVICE
- Lead Pastoral Staff
- Lead regular Elder Meetings and Elder/Pastor/Deacon Meetings
- Lead regular Pastoral/Office Staff Meetings
- Provide annual leadership training retreats for current leaders
- Provide preaching opportunities for associate pastors
- Maintain involvement in Converge Great Lake
- Provide pastoral care as time permits and/or enlisting pastoral staff to accomplish: Counseling, Weddings, Child Dedications, Funerals, Visitations, Baptisms
Directly responsible to the Board of Elders. Annual written and oral evaluations will be conducted by the lay members of the Board of Elders.
LEAD PASTOR PROFILE
- Possess the character outlined in I Timothy 3 & Titus 1, marked by genuineness, humility & family leadership.
APPROPRIATE THEOLOGICAL EDUCATION & CHURCH EXPERIENCE
- Minimum of Master’s Degree from a theologically sound institution and well-seasoned in church leadership.
ACCEPTANCE OF GRACE CHURCH/CONVERGE GREAT LAKES STATEMENT OF FAITH
- Theological beliefs are in alignment with this church and district.
- Demonstrate effectiveness in equipping men for future leadership in the church.
- “Leader of leaders” with demonstrated ability to develop strategic plans that effectively mature individuals in their relationship with Christ.
- Create movement of the corporate body of believers toward the church woven within the God- given “DNA” and context of Grace Church.
- EXPERIENCE AS A LEADER IN A GROWING CHURCH OVER 500 INCLUDING OVERSIGHT OF MULTIPLE STAFF
- EXPERIENCE WITH MULTI-CAMPUS/MULTI-SITE MINISTRY