Create and design compelling visual content and creative elements for weekend services and ministry events including video production, graphic design, website maintenance and tech arts.
Our ideal candidate has:
- Strong abilities in filming, editing, audio mixing and color correction.
- Strong working knowledge of the Adobe Creative Suite.
- A heart to tell other’s stories and to show God’s truth through video, design and creativity.
- A strong desire and appreciation for collaboration, teamwork and feedback.
- A self-starter mentality; willing to bring ideas to the table
- A passion for the local church.
- A flexible attitude, knowing that last-minute changes are possible.
VISUAL ARTS DIRECTOR ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
* This position requires a candidate to produce video projects from beginning to end, necessitating a working knowledge of filming, directing and editing abilities.
- Brainstorm with Creative Team to create supportive videos for weekend services, special events, and other ministries, such as: testimony videos, music videos, story telling videos, etc.
- Set-up, conduct and film for videos that will be created to support the weekend service, special events, and other ministries and edit footage into final video.
- Create supportive videos such as service countdowns, welcome videos, series bumper videos, promotional videos, etc.
- Film and edit weekend teaching videos and make available on the website.
- This position requires a candidate with experience and working knowledge in Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign.
- Collaborate with Creative Team to brand sermon series looks and supporting material
- Design and create weekend teaching slides and announcement slides.
- Design supporting print material such as: Growth Group Questions, newspaper ads, social media graphics, t-shirts, signage, etc.
Website/App/Social Media Maintenance:
- Write and maintain updates of ministry opportunities and other events on the website and Heartland app
- Maintain social media presence with frequent updates, pictures, and information
Tech Team Leader:
- Lead the team of tech volunteers by ensuring that they are equipped with knowledge on ProPresenter, the lighting board, and cameras.
- Ensure that a volunteer tech team is scheduled for services each weekend.
- Have a working knowledge of production and technical equipment in the building in order to effectively direct and train volunteers, and be willing to troubleshoot if needed.
- Work with volunteers to program ProPresenter with needed lyrics, backgrounds, videos, announcement slides, and teaching slides.
- Recruit new volunteers by being the first contact, getting them onboard and trained in order to serve.