PLEASE APPLY HERE --> http://bit.ly/2DvdCvM
CBC is a multiethnic and multigenerational Southern Baptist Church (SBC) of 1000+ just 25 miles west of Washington D.C. CBC’s core values of mission over preference; generosity; restoration; teamwork; and many peoples but one Body frame the way we reach
thousands of seniors, professionals, students and young families for Christ.
God has been building the body of Christ at Centreville Baptist Church (CBC) since July 13, 1958, when 21 people first gathered to worship. Almost everything in Centreville has changed in the nearly 60 years since that beginning. Once farmland, Centreville
is now a suburban bedroom community of metro Washington DC. We passionately believe one thing has not changed; that is, God is still at work through CBC. In fact, we are prayerfully and expectantly seeking a revival from God through CBC that will fundamentally
transform thousands of lives for the kingdom of Christ.
CBC has 30 highly trained and experienced staff working alongside hundreds of volunteers to be salt and light in Northern Virginia. Demonstrating CBC’s vision that life is better connected with God, the church family, and the world, our Campus and Home Community
Group model has successfully connected 60% of the church so far.
The church is uniquely situated in a robust, growing area of people from all over the globe, affording CBC an opportunity to not just impact Northern Virginia but the world for Jesus Christ.
Our vision is simple but profound - life is better connected. So we seek to connect with God, with others (church), and with the world while embracing our values of mission over preference; generosity; restoration; teamwork; and many
peoples, but one Body.
CBC has been blessed to have its current senior pastor for sixteen years along with several staff with decades of ministry experience. We are a diverse community of faithful believers that share life together through our campus and Home Community Groups.
CBC is rich with leadership, volunteers, and multi- generational families that desire to be used of God to cultivate, plant, water and reap a harvest for Christ. With a new season approaching in its rich history CBC family is excited to welcome its next Lead
Denomination: SBC Affiliated
Location: Centreville, VA
About the Position:
The CBC church family is seeking a Lead Pastor who is a spiritually mature and committed prayer warrior and visionary leader with a passionate love for God, His Church and reaching the world for Jesus Christ.
He must be a creative preacher/teacher with demonstrated ability to effectively connect people – who represent broad diversity along ethnic, socio-economic and generational lines -with Christ and the church. As a co-shepherd with the Elders and key staff,
he will oversee the direction and life of the church, equipping the Body to be mature and complete in Christ.
He must demonstrate a passion to proclaim the Gospel of Jesus Christ locally and abroad, be able to powerfully teach the God’s Word, and effectively communicate CBC’s mission, vision and values.
As a co-shepherd and part of the Elder Board, he will serve to develop and cast the mission, vision and values. He will work with the ministry leaders to identify and align ministry strategies to fulfill the church’s mission. He will be a leader of and cultivate
the preaching/teaching team.
What We Are Searching For / Qualifications:
A bachelor's degree from an accredited Christian University is required; a graduate degree from an accredited Seminary is preferred.
- Served as Lead Pastor or Associate Pastor of a 500+ size congregation for 5-10 years (Preferred)
- Successfully lead a multi-ministry staff supervising other leaders
- Servant Leader who is experienced in cultivating teams within a multi-ethnic and multi-generational environment
- Gifted in preaching and teaching
- Proven passion for evangelism and making fully devoted disciples
- Demonstrated commitment to sharing the Great Commission with the lost and the world
- Has a clear testimony of a saving faith in Jesus Christ and a vibrant, growing relationship with Him
- Acknowledges the inerrancy of Scripture, the power of prayer, and the Lordship of Jesus Christ
- Models irreproachable Christian character in one’s personal, family, and public life
- Actively and enthusiastically demonstrates a strong relationship with Jesus and love for God’s word, prayer, and all spiritual disciplines
- Meets biblical qualifications of a pastor as found in 1 Timothy 3:1-7, Titus 1:6-9, and 1 Peter 5:1-4
- Agrees with CBC’s Statement of Faith
- Dynamic and engaging, with a chemistry that fits the culture and theology of CBC
- Desires to challenge the church and stir them to a deeper faith in Christ
- Experienced and gifted in preaching and teaching to believers and seekers. Knows how to discern and deliver biblical truth in a culturally relevant way that points people to a vibrant walk with Christ
- Strong missional and ministry leader who effectively nurtures, motivates, and leads senior staff
- Enthusiastic and motivated to cultivate church growth
- Models love for personal evangelism and making fully devoted disciples
- Passionate about growing local and international mission outreach
- Has a deep desire to cultivate the next generation of leaders and vision and motivation to see it happen in every generation
- Technologically and social media savvy
- Experienced and gifted in preaching and teaching. Knows how to discern and deliver biblical truth in a culturally relevant way that points people to a vibrant walk with Christ
- Proven and experienced in lifestyle evangelism and disciple-making
About the Location:
Centreville is located in Fairfax County and considered part of the Northern Virginia Community and Washington, D.C. metro area.
In the nearly 60 years since CBC began, the community of Centreville has evolved into a thriving, diverse, suburban area of Washington DC. Fairfax County has a population of well over one million people who represent a large cross-section of people groups
and languages. CBC attracts people who not only live in Fairfax County, but also Prince William, Loudoun, Fauquier and surrounding counties.
Northern Virginia families are extremely active. The cost of living is such that many homes have two working parents and work commutes can be significantly long. The western Counties of Northern Virginia have some of the highest performing schools in the
nation, with kids involved in lots of activities and striving to gain entry into the best universities.
CBC is situated in an ideal location to reach the lost and the nations. Many if not most of the people in the CBC outreach area are un-churched. It is an ideal urban mission field with incredible history, culture and opportunity to reach the world for Christ
literally in one’s own neighborhood.
PLEASE APPLY HERE --> http://bit.ly/2DvdCvM