*NOTE: All interested applicants MUST complete an on-line application at www.northviewchurch.us/employment in order to be considered.
The Digital Director’s primary responsibility is to set the strategy and vision for Northview’s online presence, working with a team of staff and volunteers to implement and execute the digital strategy. This position provides oversight and leadership to
all campuses for their online presence. This position is an Exempt Full Time Salary position in the Communications Ministry and reports to the Communications Pastor.
- Schedule and manage Northview’s social media outlets for all campuses
- Recruit, train and assist a digital social media team
- Keep the Northview web site current
- Provide oversight to church-wide email communication strategy
- Make decisions, exercise discretion and implement strategy regarding Northview’s online presence
- Provide the expert voice as the staff digital specialist
- Oversees Video Editor and Digital Coordinator to create content for digital platforms
- Shows commitment to Staff Values
- Responds to emails and voicemails within 24 hours
- Researches, analyzes, tracks and measures technology’s efficiency at Northview
As Needed Duties:
- Implement strategy to determine the digital tools and how we use the tools (which might include but not limited to: blogs, videos, search engine optimization, email marketing, online advertising, social networking, etc.)
- Oversee all web content and projects
- Perform related duties as assigned by manager
- Directly supervises the Video Editor and Digital Coordinator
- Works with volunteers and must have an understanding that volunteers are key to the ministry of the church, and the employee must have a heart to recruit, train, equip and support volunteers in fulfilling their roles.
This job description was an attempt to list all normal job activities. There may be additional duties and responsibilities required by the employee not listed on this description.
Associate's degree (A. A.) or equivalent from two-year College. One - three years of related experience in developing and implementing web and social media strategies. Experience in a large church setting is a plus.
Plus, one year minimum of related experience and/or training. Related experience would be developing and implementing web and social media strategies.
Personal characteristics, traits or qualities valuable for an employee working in this position include: detail oriented, works independently, creative, flexible, well organized and possess good communication and administrative skills.