Position: Children’s Ministry Director
Reports to: Executive Pastor
Type of Position: Full-time, Exempt
The Children’s Ministry Director will advance the mission and vision of Spring Lake Church through the Children’s Ministry at the Bellevue Campus and champion all-church Children’s Ministry direction and execution.
Create Healthy Culture for Families
- Integrate new families into Spring Lake Church as a whole.
- Equip families to become the primary spiritual leaders in their child(ren)’s lives.
- Create family friendly culture throughout Spring Lake Church.
- Become a trusted resource for families who call Spring Lake Church home.
Spring Kids Weekend Children’s Ministry
- Create, advocate, and protect the DNA for Spring Kids
- Determine curriculum and ministry philosophy.
- Lead Children’s Ministry Coordinators in executing weekend plans, recruitment of volunteers, and care for families.
- Be the trusted face and voice of Spring Kids.
Mid-Week Program: AWANA
- Recruit and lead AWANA team.
- Strategically craft mid-week program to fit into overall Children’s Ministry mission and vision.
All-Church Children’s Ministry Champion
- Create and own aspects of Children’s Ministry that encompass all campuses, including but not limited to policies, procedures, systems, and all-church events and activities.
- Work closely alongside other campus Children’s Directors and Family Directors.
Actively Participate in Church Leadership
- Lead, shepherd, coach, and support Spring Kids staff.
- Be actively involved in campus and church leadership teams.
- Advocate for Children’s Ministry when appropriate and necessary.
- Care for and love other staff members.
- Vibrant and healthy spiritual life with a heart to see the next generation come to a thriving faith in Jesus.
- Member or willing to become a member of Spring Lake Church.
- Five years experience working with children and/or families.
- Ability to attract and retain volunteers and part-time staff.
- Strategic mind to integrate all aspects of Children’s Ministry into larger mission/vision.
- Solid team player who can play the role of leader and peer in team dynamics.
- Dynamic and flexible leader who can thrive in a multi-site church setting.