TEACHING AND COMMUNITY GROUPS PASTOR
Victory Highway Wesleyan Church
150 Victory Highway, Painted Post, NY 14870
Victory Highway Wesleyan Church (VHWC), a growing, vibrant congregation of 1,600 in central, upstate New York, is seeking a full-time Teaching and Community Groups Pastor.
The successful candidate for this role will be a highly effective communicator with a strong ability to relate to the next generation in their teaching style. They will possess the essential ability of furthering Victory’s mission of,
“Proclaiming the life changing power of Jesus Christ and developing fully devoted followers of the Him.”
The candidate will work closely with the Lead Pastor in developing creative and relevant message series and will have regular opportunities to prepare messages, teach in Sunday services and mid-week classes, and will play a key role in participating on the
Worship Design Team. This is a dual role position where this person will be equally gifted and passionate about providing primary leadership to the discipleship and spiritual formation strategies executed through Community and Interest Groups. The ability
to organize and oversee the development of 60-70 Community Groups (i.e. home groups, small groups) and develop leaders is essential.
As a member of the leadership team, the Teaching and Community Groups Pastor will be a high caliber leader who passionately inspires, directs, leads, and manages all goals and expectations of the role, so as to wholeheartedly support the vision of the church.
Reports to: Lead Pastor
Attends: Weekly/Monthly Staff Meetings
Worship Design Meetings
Status: Full-Time, Salary, Exempt
- Regularly divides duties for preparing and delivering Sunday messages with the Lead Pastor. Responsible to teach in three back-to-back services (500+ each service) on Sunday mornings approximately twice per month.
- Works with Lead Pastor to develop sermon series topics and content which are biblically sound and culturally relevant.
- Is comfortable with both expository and topical teaching.
- Is an influential member of the Worship Design Team; collectively responsible for ensuring the worship experience is focused, clear and compelling for Christians and seekers alike.
- Cast vision for relational discipleship through pursuing Jesus together in Groups.
- Provide platforms for new adult engagement and reengagement in Community Groups, building on the current participation of 55%.
- Recruit, develop, resource and pastor Community Group leaders to lead healthy small groups with a vision for multiplication.
- Develop and oversee an annual budget for the Groups Ministry.
- Monitor health, effectiveness, and duration of Groups.
- As an Assistant Pastor, along with other members of the pastoral staff, provides one-on-one spiritual counseling and discipleship, officiates funerals and weddings as assigned, and serves in rotation as pastor on-call.
- Is expected to actively engage with other staff members in developing comprehensive ministry strategies, across disciplines, in an effort to elevate our ability to achieve our mission.
- Will be expected to invest into the leadership development of our resident interns and adult leaders.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Lead Pastor and/or Exectutive Director.
ADDITIONAL JOB QUALIFICATIONS
- An evident and vital personal relationship with Christ and a commitment to continued personal spiritual growth.
- Is committed to strengthening their professional development and cultural relevance through continuing education, reading, conference participation, etc.
- Self-motivated and result-oriented contributor to the vision and mission of Victory.
- Understands the value of teamwork and is committed to being an effective teammate; Humble in their approach, Hungry in their desire for results, and Smart in relating to others.
- Believes and upholds the mission, values, and core beliefs of Victory and the Wesleyan Church.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE
- Undergraduate degree required in biblical study or relevant field.
- Ordained Minister (preferred).
- 3-5 years of experience in same or similar position where there is clear evidence of effective message development and teaching.
Send/email personal bio, resume, and video files containing examples of recent sermons/teaching to:
Executive Director of Ministry Operations
Victory Highway Wesleyan Church
150 Victory Highway
Painted Post, NY 14870