Genesis Church was founded in 2005 and exists to know Christ and to make Him known. Genesis Church consists of three sites which are semi-autonomous (Petoskey, Boyne City, and Harbor Springs) by cooperating on mission and sharing resources together. Genesis
is a place of belonging no matter where you are on your journey with God and a place where the leadership challenges and equips fellow followers to become more like Jesus by sharing the Gospel and serving others in meaningful ways.
God has blessed us. In the next few months, Petoskey Genesis will open a new facility called the Genesis Center, and we have already begun laying the groundwork for the vision of the future God has given us:
“We love our community and believe that the Gospel is the only solution to the brokenness and emptiness that we all experience without Christ. Therefore, we envision God using Genesis Church in the next 10 years to equip 300 families to be Christ-centered,
which means they will know their call and be wholly invested into it.” While numbers are important to us, this vision reflects more of a “qualitative” goal rather than a “quantitative” goal.
We are looking for a person who is administratively gifted with the heart of a pastor and who will disciple and shepherd as he organizes, develops structures/processes, and leads. This individual must be a self-starter with strong leadership gifts, and able
to execute our 10 Year Vision. This person will understand that organizational and administrative tasks are not an end in and of themselves, but rather a platform to grow the spiritual health and well-being of the people God has entrusted to this church.
The Genesis Church Executive Minister has three primary fields of ministry and staff oversight:
- Genesis Petoskey ministry strategy
- Facility management and use
- Central church office oversight and multi-site coordination
Relationally, the Genesis Church Executive Minister (from here on XM) will:
- Participate on the staff and pastoral team as well as attend and participate in the life of Genesis Church – Petoskey.
- Report to the lead pastor, oversee all Petoskey staff and leaders, as well as coordinate and support multi-site staff.
- Petoskey Ministry Strategy - Along with a team of key leaders and deacons, the XP ensures that the stated vision and direction of the church is implemented consistently and graciously in the entire church. The XM needs to know how to plan, strategize, and
mobilize staff and volunteers. The XP mentors key leaders and deacons, growing staff to become gifted leaders in their areas. The XM takes the fleshed out 10-Year Vision of the elder team and implements it with effective steps of execution for all of the ministry
staff of pastors, directors, deacons, and coordinators. Aspects include: goal setting and strategy, development and mentoring, and ministry evaluation.
- Goal setting and strategy is the formal process of integrating deacon and departmental ministries to execute the stated church vision. The goals need to be quantified numerically or expressed qualitatively. The strategy involves proper stewardship of all
church resources and spiritual gifting within a culture of high challenge and accountability.
- Development and mentoring is the “walk around” aspect of knowing every member of the staff. Job descriptions are honed to maximize the giftedness of each person and exclude limitations as much as possible. Personal coaching will mentor and improve staff
to reach their potential. This includes working closely with members of the Genesis staff, effectively uniting with and complementing all ministry leaders.
- Ministry evaluation is the process of developing quarterly, semi-annual, and/or annual evaluations of ministry. Various metrics and dashboards will be further developed and used to determine effectiveness in pursuit of the 10 Year Vision.
- Facility Management and Use - Along with a team of key leaders and deacons, the XM oversees a facilities manager, establishing a ten-year plan for upkeep, renovations, and new buildings. Because of the nature of the Genesis Center and the desire to share
the facility as much as possible with the community, policies and systems will need to be developed (i.e., community uses, weddings, etc.).
- Central church office oversight and multi-site coordination - Along with an office staff and volunteers, the XM leads the central church office and oversees the partnership relationship with our three church sites. Three areas of support and cooperation
- Communications - Includes: website, Genesis app, weekly email communications, and social media (Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter). It also includes information technology: computers, software, software as a service, web integration, campus Wi-Fi, etc.
- Finance - Includes: oversight of budgets, cash flow, income and expenses, insurance, payroll, and human resources
- Staffing - Will have aspects of pay scale, hiring, reviewing, mentoring, and terminating staff. Ensuring that staff and department meetings are vibrant, effective, and efficient is a must.
- Fulfill the character qualifications and duties of elder in the spirit of 1 Timothy 3:1-7
- Agree with and adhere to the Genesis Church Statement of Faith, Constitution and By-laws
- Have a strong gift of leadership and be able to develop leaders of leaders
- Have a pastoral heart and is energized by discipling and shepherding others
- Understand the Genesis Petoskey vision, purpose, and direction
- Demonstrate wisdom in decisions, actions, and recommendations
- Maintain godly and strong working relationships with all pastors, elders, staff, and volunteers
When Applying Please Include:
- A one page cover letter explaining how you balance being an Executive with being a Minister and, having read the job description, which you feel is more important for this position.
- The results from your Myers-Briggs Test.
Please email all resume packages to firstname.lastname@example.org