Please do not call inquiring about this position. Please use this forum for applications and questions. Thanks!
The worship pastor of Destiny Church should have the habit of passionate personal worship. This person should be able to sit down at a keyboard or a guitar and lead worship without chord charts or or a set list. They should be able to flow in worship; flow
from song to song and with what the Spirit of God is doing in that particular moment.
They should have multiplication in mind. The multiplication of more worship leaders, more players, and the production team. We have a big vision for multiple campuses and replicating ourselves is a huge staff value at Destiny. This person must have a team
mentality. The only star here is Jesus.
The worship pastor should always be thinking of what we can do audibly and visually to create the most passionate and powerful worship experience possible. The worship experience goes beyond three songs on a Sunday. It’s thinking creatively about the entire
worship experience and how people can truly have an intimate experience with the Holy Spirit.
Also those with experience in staging/lighting/media/creative design are a plus.
Purpose and Vision:
The purpose of the Worship Pastor at Destiny Church is to create passionate and powerful worship experiences.
The worship pastor’s part in facilitating the vision of Destiny Church:
We see a church of global influence. A church so large in size that the world will hear the message of Jesus loud and clear. A church growing so quickly that buildings struggle to contain the increase resulting in locations across the state, nation,
We see a church whose environments are constantly filled with broken people who are far from God and responding to Christ’s call to salvation for Him to fix their lives and live with Him for eternity.
We see a church utilizing the gifts, the power, and the creativity available through the Holy Spirit. A place where art on every level; audibly and visually, is used to reach people far from God while bringing glory to Him at the same time.
We see is a church so committed to raising, training, and empowering a leadership generation to reap the end-time harvest that all its ministries are consumed with this leadership goal.
Expectations, Functions, Requirements, and Responsibilities:
- Play keyboard or guitar while leading vocally
- 3 years experience leading in diverse congregational modern worship
- Should be able to lead different genres of worship (Hillsong, Bethel, Gospel, Israel Houghton, etc)
- The role of the Worship Pastor is to assist the Lead Pastor in overseeing and coordinating the worship ministry at Destiny Church. The Worship Pastor takes on the responsibility of guarding the spiritual culture and character of the worship ministry
and its team members.
- Vocal and Band Leader of Destiny Church
- Oversee the preparation of Destiny Worship Team in leading worship on a weekly basis
- Oversee the coordination of Destiny Worship Team meetings, rehearsals, and fellowships
- Oversee the scheduling of all Destiny Worship Team members
- Oversee the structures and systems of Destiny Worship
- Oversee the Production Department of Destiny Church (audio engineer, ProPresenter, video production, etc)
- Mentor and develop additional leaders, especially related to Destiny Worship
- Recruit, audition, and train new team members for Destiny Worship Team. Should have at least 3 deep in each position.
- Pastoral Care – conduct weekly pastoral calls/visits
- Fulfill the requirements and faithfully perform the duties of “Pastor” at Destiny Church to the best of their ability.
- Instrumentalist (guitar, keys) – Destiny services
- Develop chord charts and other resources for musicians and vocalists
- Oversee recruiting, training, and administration of Production Team
- Oversee Production elements of live weekend services (graphics, lighting, sound)
- Teach/Speak/Preach to congregation in congruence with Lead Pastor or in his absence.
- Helps administer NEXT Steps assimilation process on a monthly basis.
- Build and develop DSM worship team
- Advises DSM production and sound team(s) on weekly basis
- Facilitate or attend a small group, attend every church event and truly integrate into the life of Destiny Church.
- Positive “whatever-it-takes” attitude
- Heart of a servant
- Share the vision of Destiny Church to fulfill the Great Commission with integrity and passion.
- High capacity multi-task individual comfortable working independently without constant supervision
- Strong written / oral communication and interpersonal skills
- Highly self-motivated and directed
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
Extent of Public Contact:
- Daily contact with members of Destiny Worship Team
- Destiny Pastors and staff members
- Destiny Audio & Production Team members
- Destiny Church owners (as necessary)
- Provide direct leadership, discipleship and management of the Destiny Worship Team members.