*NOTE: Interested applicants MUST complete an on-line application at www.northviewchurch.us/employment in order to be considered.
PURPOSE OF THE JOB:
The Production Technician’s primary responsibility is to prepare for and oversee the execution of the technical and production elements for weekend services and other ministry events requiring production support. In addition, this position aids in the training
and support all campuses’ volunteers and staff as needed. This position is a Exempt Full-Time Salaried position in the Weekend Services Ministry and reports to the Production Director.
Support Production Audio Team Duties:
- Continually recruits and trains production volunteers for various audio related areas
- Provides ongoing care and pastoral shepherding of the Production Ministry volunteers
- Coordinates with ministries throughout the church and across campuses to provide quality production and tech in relation to audio, video, lighting and overall production execution
- Communicates well and consistently with volunteers to keep them “in the loop”
Weekend Worship, Events and Rehearsals Duties:
- Prepares for and organizes audio production for Weekend Services, Rehearsals, and Events
- Oversees the wiring of the stage & assists with other setup, as needed
- Presents and promotes a biblical attitude and understanding of serving
- Conducts rehearsal times and other needed preparation
- Organizes, communicates and personally prepares for all rehearsals in a way that promotes excellence and honors volunteers
- Consistently promotes a healthy understanding of using gifts and talents for serving
- Consistently pursues excellence in production quality
Studio Audio Duties:
- Works closely with video team for audio sweetening/synchronization
- Creates other service-related original content, as needed
- Assists in the care and maintenance of audio systems
- Regularly tests equipment for proper functionality
- Tracks malfunctions and proposes solutions to production director
- Oversees any needed repairs
- Keeps updated records of current system configurations and patches
- Manages the archival of audio recordings
Collaboration, Craft and Community Duties:
- Prepares for and contributes in all assigned meetings
- Serves on creative and planning teams, as assigned
- Partners with video, worship and other staff to provide a unified team mentality
- Consistently hones personal production skills and stays informed with technical advances
- Participates in auditions, rehearsals, etc. as needed
- Fulfills general team assigned and administrative assignments, as needed
- Responds to emails and calls within 24 hours
- Shows commitment towards staff values
- This position does not directly supervise employees but does work with volunteers and must have an understanding that volunteers are key to the ministry of the church, and the employee must have a heart to recruit, train, equip and support volunteers in
fulfilling their roles.
This job description was an attempt to list all normal job activities. There may be additional duties and responsibilities required by the employee not listed on this description.
Associate's degree (A. A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; or six months to one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
In addition, at least 3 years of related experience and/or training. Related experience would be:
- Experience in both live sound and general tech
- Proven ability to troubleshoot and find cost-effective tech solutions
- Proven ability to lead, develop, shepherd and instruct production volunteers
- Proven ability to recruit volunteers
- Familiarity with current sound, video and lighting gear and philosophies
New candidates with the above education and experience should be able to perform the job details satisfactory within 3 months of being with the church.
Personal characteristics, traits or qualities valuable for an employee working in this
position include: strong people skills, organized, detail oriented, teachable spirit, strong leader, hard worker, multitasker, have integrity, team player, focused, proactive, ability to strategically plan and delegate and possess a positive attitude. This
position requires a strong commitment towards the staff values.
Desired Spiritual Gifts:
- Creative Communication