Villages in Partnership (VIP), an independent faith based non-profit corporation based in Allentown, NJ, is a community of people and organizations who are devoted to sharing God’s love and blessings with the poorest of the poor in the impoverished
nation of Malawi, Africa. The Vision of VIP is a world in which communities from across the globe work together in partnership to transform lives, so that families and villages are lifted from extreme poverty and life-threatening conditions. Our Mission
is to build partnerships between villages in the developed world and villages in Malawi to bring about life-changing development for all.
Reporting to the Executive Director for VIP, the Administrative Assistant is a full-time, salaried position. He/she will be responsible for providing detailed support for a variety of key activities
for VIP and the Executive Director. This is a multifaceted role that is an integral part of our small US based team
Specific Duties may include:
- Manage the calendar for executive director and for key VIP events
- Ensure all non-profit regulatory documents are completed
- Provide project management support for a variety of VIP events or projects
- Prepare, organize, and execute activities to support VIP events like Board Meetings, partner presentations, other fundraising events
- Update Facebook and other social media sites
- Manage meeting logistics for on-site, off-site, and virtual meetings
- Manage travel arrangements for Executive Director, Board members, and others as required
- Organize and supervise various volunteer and volunteer committees, e.g. thank you note committee
- Maintain standard operating procedure documentation for VIP
- Manage all aspects of the constituent relationship management tool (Blackbaud eTapestry) including data entry, auditing and cleaning data, analytics, running reports, creating pages
- Create standard and ad hoc communications like standard thank you notes, year-end Tax reporting statements, Quarterly VIP Newsletter, and VIP Annual Report
- Perform other Administrative tasks like purchasing, creating materials for meetings, presentations, filing, copying, scanning, etc
- Coordinate all tracking and communications for VIP Friendship Trip Participants
- Manage all correspondence including electronic, postal
- Process incoming donations
- Other tasks as assigned by the Executive Director
- Work may require some evening and weekend work to support meetings and VIP events
The Administrator should have the following personal and professional qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree preferred with related or transferable job experience.
- Prefer 3-4 years of experience as an administrative assistant
- High level of energy and organization to carry a large variety of tasks and projects
- Strong Microsoft Office and Mac iOS skills including Word, PowerPoint, and Excel with experience in analyzing data, creating reports, and utilizing metrics.
- Experience utilizing Social Media and interfacing with Web pages
- Experience with Google Drive or other electronic organizational platforms
- Excellent communication skills written and oral
- Detail oriented!
- Ability to prioritize multiple activities
- Self-starting, creative, capable of working with little supervision yet a strong team player.
- Cultural competency - A willingness to learn about the lives and culture of our clients in Malawi
- Embraces and supports the mission and vision of Villages in Partnership
For more information, contact:
Liz Heinzel-Nelson, Executive Director
Villages in Partnership
P.O. Box 52
Allentown, NJ 08501