Are you passionate about worshiping God and leading others in that act? Do you believe worship is a verb, not a spectator sport; something the church should DO, not just WATCH? Are you a gifted musician and a team builder looking to plug into a church that
loves to worship, is currently growing, and is located in a spectacular area ripe for a harvest? If so, the Worship Director position at LakeView Church might be the perfect fit for you.
The Worship Director will help LakeView Church carry out its mission by providing musical, creative, technological, and spiritual leadership through worship arts ministries, especially in the gathered worship services of the church. He/she will provide leadership
and oversight to the Worship Lead Team, Worship Band, Production Team, and Welcome Team.
Planning & Leading Worship
- Work with the Lead Pastor to bring a vision for worship that is biblically sound, gospel-centered, and artistically creative; and that glorifies God, offers our best to Him, and encourages active sincere congregational participation.
- Plan and lead or support, vocally or instrumentally, LakeView worship services at least three out of four weeks. This includes planning and leading all rehearsals needed for a particular worship service.
- Propose and plan other ways to use creative arts to reach out to the community.
- Participate in scheduled staff meetings and staff development times.
- Maintain good communications with the Lead Pastor and other staff, especially as it relates to worship activities, worship plans, and upcoming worship events.
- Develop an annual ministry plan and budget for worship ministry.
- Oversee the care, maintenance, and upgrading of worship tech, equipment, and instruments owned by the church.
- Ensure communication and coordination between the Worship Lead Team, Worship Band, Production Team, Teaching Team, Welcome Team, and other worship-related teams that may develop over time.
Leadership Development & Leading Teams
- Provide leadership and oversight to the Worship Lead Team, Worship Band, Production Team, and Welcome Team.
- Manage the scheduling of the Welcome Team, Worship Band, and Production Team volunteers for all worship services.
- Oversee, encourage, and mentor the planning and leading of worship services by other volunteer worship leaders.
- Facilitate the recruitment, and oversight, and shepherding of volunteers on all worship-related teams.
- Personal faith in Jesus Christ, and a member in good standing (or willing to become a member) of LakeView Church.
- A heart to honor God above all and to lead people to deeper worship and knowledge of Him.
- A high commitment to team ministry, relationships, and having fun along the way.
- Excellent vocal ability, and skill leading worship from the keyboard, guitar, or both.
- Demonstrable skill in worship song selection and arrangement to maximize congregational participation and fit different themes and styles.
- A history of success in leading worship, band leading, team building, and making disciples.
- Experience with, or ability and interest to learn, the production technology LakeView Church uses to plan, produce, and lead worship services, including computers, stage lighting systems, sound systems, video systems, Proclaim, Planning Center Online, Google
Drive, and more.
- Preferred (but not required) experience and education: music or ministry degree with emphasis in leading worship or 3 years+ experience leading worship at a church.
How to apply
Send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com. For full consideration, please apply by Feb 19, 2018.