Ada Bible Church is hiring a full-time Worship Leader to inspire and lead people in the worship of God during weekend services and other church events. Worship is a major component of ministry, and our church has enjoyed dynamic worship
for many years.
While worship leaders lead worship, they also lead people. Ada Bible Church is blessed with a full complement of talented volunteers in the worship arts ministry. These volunteer musicians bring a deep level of musical skill, commitment, and humility as
an offering of praise each week at all four of our campuses. With 11 services weekly, the development of vocal and musical teams is vital to our church’s worship life.
What you will do:
- Lead worship during weekend services and other church events
- Provide direction and leadership to worship arts teams during weekly practices
- Recruit, train, develop, and schedule music team volunteers and volunteer worship leaders
- Coach vocalists and help them grow in skill
- Arrange music and parts for instrumentation
- Engage in creative production of culturally relevant and appropriate music that compliments and serves the growing needs of the church
- Assist Music Director with Ableton editing, maintenance and distribution
- Assist Worship Director with global volunteer communication and care
- Assist the Worship Arts and Service Programming teams to plan, produce, and execute creative elements for use in weekend services
Who we’re looking for:
You are a skilled musician with excellent vocal ability. We’re looking for a strong vocal presence to command the stage and proficient musical skill to lead the band.
You know how to coach and develop creative minded people in order to get the best out of them. Our worship teams are comprised mostly of volunteer musicians and vocalists, so you should be able to build and skillfully guide a team of musicians.
You are a highly-relational leader. You are able to interact with people in a variety of circumstances in such a way that you inspire them in a Godward direction.
You have the ability to create and produce music at an industry level.
Much of a worship leader’s responsibilities occur outside of the typical 9-5 workday. You should be available to work when necessary including weekends, some evenings, and occasional holidays.
We’re looking for someone with a minimum of 3-5 years of work experience in music ministry. Candidates should have a solid understanding of the technical aspects of music production and a four-year higher education degree or equivalent experience is required.
Lastly, you should be a committed Christian living a life of obedience to Christ. Membership at Ada Bible Church is not necessary for employment, but you should have beliefs that are consistent with our statement of faith.
Ready to apply?
If this all sounds good to you and you would like to join us, we want to learn more about you!
To apply, go to
https://www.adabible.org/jobs/worship-leader-6 and click the “Apply Now” button at the bottom of this page. Fill out the employment application in full, including your cover letter and resume.
In your cover letter, please answer the following questions:
- Do you use Ableton or an equivalent software weekly? If yes, describe your responsibility in that process.
- Do you write original music, create tracks for Ableton, or original scores for video content? If yes, please provide a link that showcases an example of your work.
- Do you have experience arranging songs for a band and providing leadership through that process? Please explain.
- Please provide a link to a video of you leading worship.
About Ada Bible Church
Ada Bible Church is a thriving and growing multi-site church serving greater Grand Rapids, Michigan. Each weekend, more than 8,000 people worship with us at our four campus locations throughout the community. To learn more about us or to view a weekend service,
visit our website at: www.adabible.org.