Job Title: Youth Pastor
Department: Youth Ministry
Reports To: Campus Pastor and Lead Worship Pastor
This postion is for our Centre County Campus weekly attendance 200+
Please email your resume and current picture to firstname.lastname@example.org
To develop an exciting and effective ministry that is geared towards meeting the spiritual needs of Jr. High and High School aged students.
Part Time, 20 hours a week.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work as part of the staff for the development and implementation of the church vision.
- Attend and participate in weekly staff meetings.
- Sunday transitional talk during the worship service.
- Use your particular gifts to help support and develop the overall ministry of the church.
- Recruit and train a youth leadership team to help create the necessary environments to reach and disciple students.
- Communicate the word of God on a consistent basis so that are students become fully devoted followers of Jesus Christ.
- Provide spiritual experiences for the students each year that will include but are not limited to the following: Mission trips, retreats, camps, etc.
- Create separate environments to develop Jr. High and Sr High students in their relationships with one another and with God.
- Develop and coordinate small groups to provide opportunities for discipleship.
- Engage with the local schools to develop key relationships to reach the next generation in our community.
ENVIRONMENT & CULTURE:
- Maintain a positive attitude about yourself, your areas of responsibilities, and the staff.
- Work cooperatively and cheerfully maintaining a good rapport with all staff, volunteers, church partners, and outside professionals.
- Maintain a high level of confidentiality. Be congenial, professional with all personal contacts with others.
- Be sensitive to the needs of others.
- Exercise good time management.
- Maintain a high level of excellence in your appearance, work habits, and quality of work performed.
- Maintain a teachable attitude.