We are looking for someone who is:
- Degreed in accounting or finance, with at least three years of experience in church or non-profit accounting.
- Known to have a very high degree of personal and professional integrity and character.
- Exceptionally organized and efficient with personal time management.
- Known for having excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Naturally self-motivated and able to work independently, as well as able to succeed in a collaborative team environment.
- A Christian, growing in faith.
We will need you to:
- Perform all aspects of church finances, budgets, and AP.
- Assist in analyzing processes to assess the effectiveness of internal controls and identify operational efficiencies.
- Assist in developing training resources and tools to support staff members across the organization in their ministry roles.
- Be comfortable using multiple technologies to make processes easier and more efficient.
It would be crazy if:
- You have experience with QuickBooks and other accounting software.
- You love sunny, warm beach weather.
- You love making numbers behave.
- You have an Abacus.
If you are saying to yourself, “that’s me,” then read on and apply.
Position Title: Accountant
FLSA: Full Time
Reports To: Executive Pastor
Salary: Commensurate with experience + Health, Dental, Vision, Life, and more.
Responsible for the financial systems at Calvary Port St. Lucie. The position includes the organization and management of all financial information, establishing appropriate systems for inputting, reporting, budgeting, staff training and controlling financial
purchasing, spending, and tracking and AP.
Essential Job Functions:
- Management of accounts payable invoices and payments.
- Reconciliation of monthly accounts.
- Create monthly budget reports.
- Preparation of monthly financial statements.
- Assist in managing cash flow and projections.
- Create systems and controls for all spending, budgeted, and non-budgeted.
- Prepare data for annual reviews or audits.
- Assist in developing and implement long-range financial planning.
- Provide training for staff as needed in reading and interpreting financial statements and expense vs. budget reports.
- Assist in developing financial policies and procedures.
EDUCATION: Minimum two-year degree in Accounting
EXPERIENCE: Minimum three years accounting and bookkeeping (one-year in church or non-profit) accounting)
- Experience in QuickBooks.
- Excellent proficiency in Excel.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to multi-task, work under pressure and meet deadlines.
The ability to exert light physical effort in a sedentary to light work environment that requires sitting, standing, pushing and pulling of objects and materials of light weight (up to 10 pounds), walking, reaching, talking, hearing, and to see information
in print and electronically.
Only resumes accompanied with a COVER LETTER
specific to this job opportunity will be considered.
The cover letter must be personalized for this position and should answer two questions:
- Why you're interested in this position?
- What qualifies you for this position?