**Interested applicants must apply at Compassionchristian.com, please direct any questions about the position to the HR department**
Community Pastor – Downtown Campus
Downtown Campus Team
Reports To: Campus Pastor – Downtown Campus
Category of Employment: Pastor, Full-Time
Payroll Status: Salaried, Exempt
Office Hours: Average of 50 hours per week, with the exception of heavy ministry seasons.
The mission of Compassion Christian Church is to lead people to a life-changing relationship with Jesus Christ.
To further the mission of the Church by effectively overseeing, directing and developing all aspects of Downtown Campus Groups Ministry, Volunteer Systems, and College AGE Outreach.
- Experience: Minimum of three (3) years’ experience as a leader in ministry or related environments specifically related to an area of oversight in community care.
- Education: Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university. A degree from an accredited bible college with a major in biblical studies or a related field is preferred. Consideration will be given to candidates having
experience and demonstrated proficiency in field.
- Knowledge, skills, and gifts: Strong desire to see healthy community to become a reality for individuals. Candidate must be tried and proven in ministry and have a passion to share Jesus. Candidate must demonstrate a Christ-like attitude
in words and actions, and have the ability to work with a wide variety of people in a wide variety of settings. Exhibit excellent interpersonal relational skills while maintaining and protecting confidentiality. Candidate must possess effective written and
verbal skills. Must be a motivated and successful recruiter and manager of volunteers. Candidate must exhibit excellent computer knowledge, experience and proficiency with Microsoft Office applications including Word, Outlook, Excel, Publisher and PowerPoint.
- Physical Demands: Lifting, pulling, bending, carrying, and pushing as needed to set up activities and events, Operation of church vehicles.
- Exhibits a meaningful and growing personal relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Engages in a regular and ongoing (meeting at least monthly) accountability relationship with a staff partner or other approved person.
- Recognizes that our work is important and deserves our very best.
Conditions of Employment
- Models the Biblical standard of personal conduct and lifestyle.
- Supports and adheres to the Mission, Vision, Values, and Philosophy of Ministry of CCC, including the CCC Statement of Faith.
- Supports and adheres to the CCC Policies and Procedures Handbook.
- Pastoral Staff must be active, participating members of Compassion Christian Church or be willing to become a member at the beginning of employment.
Duties and Responsibilities (Essentials)
1. General staff responsibilities:
- Engage in pastoral responsibilities, as assigned, to include teaching, preaching, performing weddings and funerals, pastoral counseling, assisting in worship services, communion, baptisms, child dedications and hospital visits.
- Assist with leading, casting vision, overseeing, and directing all facets of Downtown Campus.
- Assist with leading the establishment of ministry goals and objectives, and individual tactics that support the mission and vision of the Church.
- Assist with providing visionary leadership and organizational structure for Downtown Campus.
- Oversee and assist in the recruitment, training, encouragement and equipping of volunteers to serve and to adequately prepare for ministry in leadership positions.
- Plan, propose and oversee annual budgets and operational functioning of Downtown Campus.
- Participation in weekly “Pastors Lunch”, monthly “All-Staff Meetings”, and weekly prayer/ meetings with the Downtown Campus staff and other required staff events.
2. Specific ministry duties and responsibilities:
- Pastor and leader of our groups ministry: 1) connects people to small groups, discipleship groups and other types of groups, 2) raises up and coaches groups leaders, 3) champions the creation of new types of groups that reach our community.
- Pastor and leader of our volunteer systems: 1) connects people to serving at Downtown Campus and in the community and abroad, 2) creates and sustains our volunteers systems.
- Pastor and leader of our College-age outreach: 1) Connect 18-25 age group to our campus, 2) lead weekly College-age Ministry
- Preach at the Downtown Campus when needed.
- Serve as direct report over Downtown Campus Ministry Assistant to Downtown Campus Associate Pastor.
3. This job description is not meant to be an all-inclusive statement of every duty and responsibility that will be required of an employee in this position. Therefore, additional duties may be assigned.
Performance and Evaluation
Success in the position will be measured according to the performance assessment tool approved by the Executive Pastor. Performance will be evaluated in relevant areas, including but not limited to: completion of ministry goals and individual tactics, communication,
teamwork, leadership, creativity, responsibility, self-motivation, attitude, and potential for growth.