STUDENT MINISTRY SERVE TEAM DEVELOPER
Recruit, train, and facilitate a team of rock star volunteers to serve in birth through grade 12. Provide great communication and leadership to volunteer leaders so they can serve the families of our community well. This person reports to the Director of
Schedule: Full time salaried position. 40 hours weekly, Sunday-Thursday with some evenings.
To Apply: Submit a resume to Anita Hoffer, firstname.lastname@example.org. Deadline to apply is February 12, 2018.
Experience & Abilities:
- Education: Minimum high school graduation.
- Experience: Minimum of three years of serving in student ministry in a large church setting. Experience in assembling a volunteer team to accomplish a common goal and in developing and leading leaders. Strong administrative, organizational, program management
and processes development.
- License/Certification: Valid Driver’s License.
- Specific Abilities: A strong desire to serve families and passionate about valuing people and helping them discover their gifts and talents. Able to connect quickly with people, communicate the teams passion, and lead volunteer leaders. Ability to learn
quickly and handle the flexibility of working in a fast paced unpredictable environment.
What This Person Does:
- Identify, recruit, orient, train and provide ongoing support, encouragement and vision to student ministry volunteers. Comfortable with ‘making the ask’ of people.
- Work with the student ministry director and other coordinators to create training and orientation processes, systems, and job descriptions that will cast vision, values and culture.
- Meet and exceed the required number of volunteers needed for all weekend and mid-week experiences.
- Hold monthly one-to-one meetings with key leaders from all areas of student ministry.
- Work with the Student Ministry Director to provide service projects, mission trips and volunteer opportunities for the entire department.
- Plan all volunteer appreciation events, efforts and correspondence.
- Provide weekly volunteer metrics to the Student Ministry Director.
- Oversee the execution of administrative tasks involved in maintaining the volunteers along with the Volunteer Coordinators Assistant and the Student Ministry Administrative Assistant.
- Work closely with the Environments and Services Coordinator and the Connections and Discipleship Coordinator to assure teams are supported and functioning properly.
- Have a growing relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Live a lifestyle that reflects Biblical standards.
- Be a member of Worship Center, or willing to become a member.
- Attend worship services regularly and participate in the life of the church family.
- Participate in small group life.
- Tithe to the Worship Center.
- Fully embrace WC Staff Core Values
Staff Core Values:
A growing relationship with Jesus
- Loving God and loving others is the core of who we are.
- Staying grounded in God’s Word and filled with the Holy Spirit is the best gift we can give to each other and the church
- Be real, open, and humble; have a servant’s heart
- Integrity and character matter
- We live out what we say we believe and teach, e.g. the value of relationships, serving, tithing, generosity, etc.
Work hard and have fun!
- Enthusiastic, positive, faith oriented attitude
- Can-do, make it happen mindset
- Self-directed, motivated
- Don’t take ourselves too seriously
Honest communication with coworkers
- Believe-the-best is the default position
- Have each other’s backs; builds trust
- Don’t let conflict or disappointment go underground–resolve it (Matthew 18:15)
- We always bring our best
- We are resourceful and make the most of what we have
- Excellence honors God and inspires people
- Serving our volunteers is a priority – “how can I help?”
- Engaging others is better than doing it myself
- We can’t do it without them!
People really, really matter
- We accept and love people right where they are
- We will do everything we can to reach people
- We will treat everyone with respect
- People are more important than policy