The Well Church
Worship Arts Director
Job Type: Full Time
Core Ministry Area: Worship Arts
Reports To: Lead Pastor
Last Updated: 1/7/18
The Worship Arts Director will be responsible for the production of all worship services and special programs. The senior pastor sets the subject matter and overall direction, the Worship Arts Director will oversee and coordinate all the details that a service
The Worship Arts Director at The Well is someone who:
- has a deep love for Jesus Christ and His people
- has a passion for seeing people connect with Jesus in a real way
- has a passion to look beyond the programming to a deeper development of people
- has a passion for music and art and the role they play in corporate, organic, experiential, engaging worship.
- has the ability to thrive and lead in a team environment;
- has the ability to envision and energize a community within a discipleship context.
- is a visionary who is creative in leading people to God.
- is a leader who can communicate a direction in a way that inspires those around him/her to join in the pursuit of that vision.
The Well is a non-denominational missional church in Brighton Michigan. We seek to be theologically conservative while maintaining our relevance in the culture around us. We have 2 weekend worship gatherings on Sundays at 9:30 and 11:00 AM. We believe
that the Worship Arts Director is essential to our style of worship. We seek our worship to be somewhat eclectic in nature combining the richness of tradition with the relevance of the contemporary. It is our goal to create a highly experiential, multi sensory,
engaging and organic worship experience.
- Plan and Direct all weekly activities and rehearsals necessary to facilitate worship in services.
- Recruit, schedule, develop, and mentor volunteer instrumentalists, vocalists, tech operators (sound, video and lighting) and worship leaders
- Further the spiritual formation of the members of the worship team
- Lead the online presence of The Well Church.
- Provide oversight to the graphic arts expression of The Well Church.
- Plan major special programs throughout the year (e.g. Christmas, Easter, Special Events) to reach out to the community evangelistically.
- Facilitate the congregation’s participation in authentic worship.
- Lead the formation of a Music Ministry Team that fosters good communication and a strong sense of community among all musicians, vocalists and tech operators.
- Participate in scheduled staff meetings and staff development times.
- Build contacts and relationships with local musicians, studios, and clubs for both evangelistic and staffing purposes.
- Develop an annual ministry plan and budget for the Worship and Tech Teams.
- Evangelist as well as pastoral in their gifting
- Seeks to be a Spiritual leader first and program director second
- Teachable, responsive, and respectful of authority.
- Relational skills and an enthusiastic presence for leading a church in worship
- Able to create and sustain a strong volunteer culture.
- Able to mentor others with wisdom and grace
- Skilled in vocal and instrumental direction
- Skilled in organization, administration, and interpersonal relationships.
- Skilled in the use of technology in worship and in the use of sound, lighting, computers, and video projection.
- Ability to incorporate other art forms as needed.
- A self-starter
- A team player with a positive attitude.
- A mature, growing believer with a clear understanding of the Gospel, along with the ability to clearly communicate it.
- Demonstrated excellence as a worship arts leader, i.e. has grown a music ministry over the past few years.
- Experience in key ministry leadership.
- Demonstrated a high level of musicianship.
- Committed to spiritual integrity.
- Committed to the community of The Well.
- Must be in agreement with The Well's mission, beliefs and values (please see our website)
Although the primary function of The Worship Arts Director is to lead the church in worship, this must be accomplished within the context of leadership multiplication. The Well is looking to establish a development culture where its leaders are always looking
for other potential leaders to grow them into the ministry God has for them.
This is a full-time position (40+ hours a week).
Pay and benefits commensurate with experience and expertise.
Submit a resume via email to email@example.com