The purpose of the Director of Worship Arts is to provide leadership to the worship ministry at Living Hope as an integral part of the church’s mission to make disciples who are following Jesus, becoming like Jesus, and engaging in the mission of Jesus.
With direction from the Holy Spirit, the Director of Worship Arts will be the primary point person for our Sunday AM Worship Gathering, in addition to providing leadership for other seasonal special events. Though Living Hope has a team approach to planning
worship gatherings (with overall direction from the Lead Pastor) the Director of Worship Arts will be responsible for the planning, rehearsing, and execution of services.
The ideal candidate will be one who desires to use their creativity in facilitating an environment in which congregants and guests respond to God’s revelation through corporate worship. This will be done by crafting gatherings that incorporate a praise team/band,
appropriate visual elements, and multimedia in ways conducive to participatory corporate worship in a multi-generational congregation. Our desired style is contemporary worship with a blend of updated traditional elements.
The candidate will also have a heart for developing creative artists (singers, instrumentalist, technical artists, visual artists).
- Spiritual: A profession of faith and a lifestyle consistent with that profession (as outlined in 1 Timothy 2:3-7 and Titus 1:5-9); Agreement with our statement of faith (http://livinghopewillmar.org/statement-of-faith) and
an evident zeal for the things of the Lord.
- Personal: A team approach to leadership, willingness to serve and shepherd the flock of God through a life ‘worthy of the gospel of Christ’ (Phil. 1:27).
a. Organizational Leadership
i. Scheduling Volunteers
ii. Running Rehearsals
iii. Planning Sunday AM Worship Gathering
iv. Able to execute LHC’s current worship style and values
b. Ability to relate to a variety of people in a variety of life stations.
c. Proficiency in leading worship vocally from an instrument (guitar and/or piano).
d. Ability to recruit and direct Worship Arts volunteers and staff.
e. Basic knowledge of tech systems (audio, lighting, video) and ability to oversee Technical Director.
f. Knowledge in or willingness to learn existing supplementary software platforms (Planning Center, ProPresenter, Ableton Live)
a. Broad experience in a variety of worship and art forms/styles. Familiar with worship resources (CCLI, PraiseCharts, ect).
b. Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree, preferably in their field of ministry (Worship, Bible, Music, ect).
Responsibility: To lead Living Hope in worship of God that is biblical – in spirit and in truth – thereby providing the motivation for the mission
and the vision of Living Hope.
- Pioneering and aligning
a. Ensure that the Worship Arts Ministry is aligned with the church’s Vision and Values as they pertain to worship.
b. Nurture a culture of worship leadership that is characterized by zeal for God and un-distracting excellence.
- Preparing and releasing (for Sunday Gatherings, Holiday Events, and Community Outreach Initiatives)
a. Worship Leading Teams: Primarily composed of musicians.
b. Non-musical Worship Artists: Explore and resource worship leadership in dramatic arts, visual arts, decorative arts, etc.
c. Tech Services: The background support that is vital in larger venues—audio reinforcement, visual projection and stage lighting.
d. Lay Worship Leaders: Assist in the development of co-leadership for corporate worship.
- Collaboration with
a. Preaching Voice(s): Design and plan for Sunday AM Worship Gatherings and Special Events.
b. Administrative Staff: Plan and delegate tasks for conducting Worship Arts Ministry, Sunday AM Worship Gatherings, and Special Events.
We look forward to hearing from you. Please send an application packet to email@example.com. Please include:
- A Ministry Resume including a brief description of your philosophy of corporate worship.
- A link to a video sample featuring you leading worship. This does not have to be high production quality; we just want to get a feel for your style.
- Names and contact information of at least three (3) references who have experience working with you in a ministry context (either vocationally or volunteer).