Elementary/Middle School Pastor
Erie Christian Fellowship Church
Erie, Pennsylvania, United States
Date Posted: 01/17/2018
Categories: Children's Pastor (age birth - grade 4) – Middle School Pastor (5th - 8th grade)
Church Size: 250
Job Type: Full-Time
Position: Elementary and Middle School Pastor
Reports to: Associate Pastor
The Elementary and Middle School Pastor position exists to direct and lead the volunteer teams of the elementary and middle school ministry. He/she will be working with all volunteers, parents and students. This position exists to:
- Help students find Jesus and grow spiritually.
- Reach students, where ever they are, with the love of Jesus.
- Create avenues for spiritual growth.
- Partner with parents to help them raise their child in an ever-changing world.
- Create connection opportunities for parents/students outside of church.
We are asking for strong leadership skills backed by the heart of a pastor.
- Oversee children’s ministry (birth - 4th grade).
- Oversee middle school ministry (5th - 8th grade).
- Identify, recruit, train, and develop teams and leaders in each ministry area.
- Plan and lead Erie Christian Fellowship’s annual Sports and Arts Camp (similar to VBS).
- Proactively communicate with parents.
- Equip parents with practical resources for the spiritual growth of their children/youth.
- Ensure that the elementary and middle school ministries are aligned with the vision and guiding principles of the church.
- Be an active participant in ECF church.
- Attend staff meetings, retreats, and other church functions, as directed.
- Maintain and model a disciplined spiritual life.
- Work approximately 40-45 hours per week. This will include a mix of normal business hours, church services, department meetings, and staff meetings.
- Strong leadership understanding and abilities
- Detail oriented with an understanding of the big picture
- Strong communication abilities in writing, on the phone, and face-to-face
- Positive, patient, friendly, and professional attitude and demeanor
- Strong team builder and recruiter
- Trustworthy and confidential
- Able to anticipate needs without oversight
- Focus on the tasks at hand
- Efficient follow-through
- Strong sense of responsibility prioritization based on importance and urgency
- Three years of experience in a ministry position (Preferred)
- College degree, Bachelor’s preferred
- Salary based on experience/education
Erie Christian Fellowship is a full-gospel church with a passion to honor God, bless our community, support one another, and to reach our world with God’s Word. At ECF, we're experiencing God's presence, empowering God's people, and evangelizing God's planet.
We are one reaching one for Jesus! Our Goal is for over one million souls reached through this ministry! Pastors Jim and Pam Dumont started Erie Christian Fellowship in 1989 with a vision to create a place where God’s truth is spoken, God’s love is lived,
and God’s power is experienced.
Over the years, the church has grown and people have been able to say that their lives have been enriched by God’s Word, they have been healed by God’s power, and they have had the opportunity to live victorious lives in God’s strength.
Please send resume and candidate preliminary questionnaire video (see below) to PastorDoug@Ecfchurch.org
Candidate Preliminary Questionnaire
Create a short video answering questions below. Please keep video under five minutes.
- Share about your family. Married? Kids?
- Describe your call to ministry.
- Tell us about your passion.
- Where do you see yourself five years from now?
- What do you see as the primary elements of a successful children’s/youth ministry?