Elementary/Middle School Team Leader
Erie Christian Fellowship Church
Erie, Pennsylvania, United States
Date Posted: 01/15/2018
Categories: Children's Pastor (age birth - grade 4) – Middle School Pastor (5th
- 8th grade)
Church Size: 250
Job Type: Full-Time
Reports to: Associate Pastor
This exciting opportunity is the pathway to connect with, influence and empower a fresh generation for Jesus. The right person will have a passion for elementary and middle school children. They will care deeply about today’s parents and desire to help them
raise children to become fully devoted Jesus followers in this fast-paced constantly changing world.
Leadership and the ability to inspire and empower a team of people with like passion yet differing skill sets is the key to success in this role. The successful candidate will possess vision radiating beyond church “services” so that events, connections
and mutual support among families happens off campus.
As part of a mature and healthy staff, other team members will support, encourage and assist you in growing into this leadership position. During year one, you will focus exclusively on leading elementary students. As you grow, the position will grow with
you. Together we will work from a masterplan to fulfill our mission to experience Jesus in everyday life.
If you believe you are the right person to begin this exciting journey, we would love to speak with you! Your next step can set in motion unimaginable blessings for families and children desperate for direction and answers. Your next step could lead to the
fulfillment and satisfaction that flows from being in the center of God’s will.
- Oversee children’s ministry (birth - 4th grade).
- Oversee middle school ministry (5th - 8th grade).
- Identify, recruit, train, and develop teams and leaders in each ministry area.
- Plan and lead Erie Christian Fellowship’s annual Sports and Arts Camp (similar to VBS).
- Proactively communicate with parents.
- Equip parents with practical resources for the spiritual growth of their children/youth.
- Ensure that the elementary and middle school ministries are aligned with the vision and guiding principles of the church.
- Strong leadership understanding and abilities
- Detail oriented with an understanding of the big picture
- Strong communication abilities in writing, on the phone, and face-to-face
- Positive, patient, friendly and professional attitude and demeanor
- Strong team builder and recruiter
- Trustworthy and confidential
- Able to anticipate needs without oversight
- Focus on the tasks at hand
- Efficient follow-through
- Strong sense of responsibility prioritization based on importance and urgency
- Three years of experience in a ministry position (Preferred)
- Salary based on experience/education
Erie Christian Fellowship Church exists so others may experience Jesus in everyday life. Our roots are in the integrity of God’s Word expressed in love and compassion. Our founding Pastors, Jim and Pam Dumont moved to Erie in 1989 living in a tent. Their
God given mandate was to “Move to Erie, become established and build a great church.” A great church is the assembly of people who gather to honor God and serve others through their spiritual gifts.
ECF is blessed with amazing facilities to accommodate both children and middle school ministry. In addition, our church founded and oversees Leadership Christian Academy which is a Pre-K through grade 8 elementary/middle Christian school.
Please send resume and candidate preliminary questionnaire video (see below) to PastorDoug@Ecfchurch.org
Candidate Preliminary Questionnaire
Please create a short video that will help us to know you better. Please keep video under five minutes and highlight the following areas:
- Tell us about your family and your call to ministry.
- How would you describe your ideal role/assignment?
- What is your passion? What energizes you to get up each day?
- What do you see yourself doing in 5 years?
- Who has been a key influencer in your life?