Praise Baptist Church
Church Size: 100-150
Position: Senior Pastor
Job Type: Full-Time
Seeking a senior pastor that will enthusiastically preach and faithfully support sound biblical doctrine. The senior pastor will be eager and willing to work along side both a music and youth pastor in unity and in love. He will have the vision to promote
positive change, growth, and church participation through the use and training of church leadership and its members. The senior pastor will lead the church with confidence and understanding and equip the congregation in glorifying God and discipling others.
- Meets all biblical leadership qualifications of an overseer/pastor as described in: 1 Timothy 3:1-7, Titus 1:5-9, and 1 Peter 5:1-5.
- Ordained minister with a minimum bachelors degree.
- Understands and embraces the responsibilities of a teacher as described in: James 3:1.
- Embraces the power of prayer and takes an active role in leading church in prayer.
- Is compassionate, personable, humble, and committed to shepherding his flock.
- Has the ability and knowledge to provide biblical counseling.
- Will continue the unification of the church body towards Christ-driven purposes.
- Communicates clearly both the Word and the delegation of duties.
- Will passionately grow our church’s ability to minister to our community and the lost.
- Is competent in basic administrative and computer tasks.
- Preach the Word of God with the thorough use of scripture.
- Work with the worship team in planning and leading services, including but not limited to, those on Sunday and Wednesday.
- Uphold our congregation’s statement of faith and vision.
- Devoted to regular prayer for the church and its members.
- Leads the elders and deacons in shepherding the congregation.
- Provides biblical counseling and sound guidance.
- Coordinates with deacons on visitation, prayer, and aid for members and prospective members of the congregation.
- Responds to crisis situations within the church and provides appropriate referrals when necessary.
- Officiates special ceremonies such as weddings and funerals in accordance with our statement of faith.
- Greets and follows up with potential members to encourage regular attendance.
- Leads by Christ’s example, both within and outside the congregation.
- Builds and strengthens his relationship with the church staff.
- Identifies and disciples new leaders in the church.
- Promotes and encourages new ministries and outreaches.
- Works with elders and deacons in ensuring doctrinal integrity of the church.
- Motivates and leads membership participation in evangelical opportunities.
- Administers church member discipline and rebuke with the insight of church elders.
- Oversees the day-to-day activities of the church and its events.
- Works respectfully and thoughtfully with the church secretary and staff.
- Works with leadership in setting the agenda of the congregation’s meetings.
- The senior pastor is accountable, first and foremost, to God and His Word, and secondly, to the congregation.
- The senior pastor will be evaluated annually by the elders.
On Sunday, July 6, 2008, Praise Baptist Church (PBC) held its first worship service. Three years prior, the congregation at Main Street Baptist Church began to outgrow its building and during this same time period, First Baptist Church of Plymouth, a church
with a rich 176 year history, was experiencing a decline in attendance. After much prayer the two churches merged together. This year we will celebrate 10 years of serving together as PBC. We support both the Cooperative Program of the Southern Baptist Convention
and the United Missions of American Baptist Churches. We are blessed with several wonderful ministries here at PBC including: Children, Youth, Men, Women, and Couples groups; along with our S.A.F.E. (Setting Addicts Free Eternally) ministry and our Celebration
class (for the mentally challenged). Praise Baptist Church is excited to faithfully continue to be used for God’s glory and honor.
- Send resume electronically to: email@example.com
- Provide two sermons (video strongly preferred) or provide website where they can be heard/watched.