We’re looking for a General Accountant for our Church located in Garland, TX! The General Accountant will be a role model and demonstrate the company's core values of integrity, accountability, results-oriented, collaborative, and being passionate about
the work we do. The candidate will be dependable, professional and highly motivated individual to join our team.
This position is responsible for full cycle AP processing of Inventory and Expenses through the correct coding, tracking and processing of AP and related GL accounts.
Essential Functions (including but not limited to):
- Process A/P invoices including obtaining proper approvals, verify account codes, and enter for payment
- Distribute expense invoices for proper approval and coding to assure GL coding is the proper “functional line item”.
- Prepare weekly check run, verify accuracy, and obtain approval prior to printing checks
- Prepare international wires & ACH payments
- Review document history and Audit all invoices for past balance due and correct billing (audit for duplicate payments, coding inconsistencies, duplicate commitments, etc.)
- Prepare journal entries
- Reconcile and balance general ledger accounts
- Prepare and reconcile bank statements monthly for board
- Create and maintain vendor setup
- Assist with and maintain current 1099 history on required vendors and complete 1099 filings at year-end
- Issue checks
- Meet all required time schedules and month end deadlines
This is not intended to be an all-inclusive list; other duties may be required. These duties and responsibilities are subject to change at any time.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Accounting experience required (5 years minimum of work experience)
- 2 year degree in Accounting or Business preferred
- Must have excellent data entry skills, 10-key by touch type 40+ wpm
- Exceptional organizational and analytical skills with attention to detail
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Strong work ethic; team player attitude
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Must possess a professional attitude to represent the company in a positive manner
- Demonstrate a sense of urgency and ability to meet deadlines
- Advanced PC skills with strong emphasis in Microsoft Office suite (Excel, Word, Access, Outlook, Powerpoint)
- Shelby Financial software knowledge will be a plus
Do you have the following qualities?
• Ability to effectively handle multiple, concurrent projects requiring judgment and initiative
• Excellent communication and problem-solving skills
• Able to work both independently and in a team environment
• Able to work effectively in a fast-pace, time-critical and changing environment
We also offer:
• On-site Cafe
• Competitive compensation
• Medical, Dental, Vision, Short-term/Long-term disability insurance, and Life Insurance; eligibility begins the first of the month following start date
• Retirement plan
*********Please submit your cover letter, resume and salary request ********
• Accounting/Auditing General Business