Facility Maintenance/Custodial at Highlands Community Church
25 to 35 hours weekly
The most important qualification is a heart ministry within the local church body. The candidate must possess the qualities of life and practice that demonstrate spiritual maturity. He/she must desire to use his/her spiritual gifting in the life and body
of the church. The second most important qualification is a can-do attitude, the heart of a servant and a willingness to learn. This position requires a minimum of a High School diploma. Relevant experience preferred but not necessary as long as the individual
has a desire to learn and excel.
The maintenance/custodian is a support staff position assigned to the Ministry Operations staff. He reports to the Facility Management Director in maintaining the facilities, equipment and grounds, and the cleaning and preparing our vehicles prior to and
after assignments. They assist our elders and pastoral staff by maintaining our facilities to promote spiritual growth by creating and maintaining engaging environments. This a part-time to full-time position 25 to 35 hours weekly with growth potential.
- Meets the scriptural requirements of a deacon (1 Timothy 3: 8-13)
- Maintains daily devotional life of prayer and Bible study.
- Attends periodic staff meetings and participates in vocational training as instructed by the Facility Manager.
- Meets semi-monthly with the Ministry Operations Director.
- Participates in a Care Circle or Small Group.
Mission & Purpose:
To create and maintain engaging environments for ministry at Highlands Community Church. To maximize the usefulness of our facilities, equipment and transportation through gifted, empowered servants, operating effective and efficient systems of support with
integrity. Elders oversee the facility. The persons entrusted with this position assist the Elders in maintaining the facilities with a high degree of accountability and integrity.
- Maintenance – Minor maintenance of our equipment such as repairing and cleaning chairs and tables, extracting carpets, outlet face plates replacements and touch up painting, replacing lights. Reports all maintenance issues
on our vehicles, equipment, grounds, and facility to the Facility Manager.
- Grounds and Landscape Maintenance – During spring and summer months this makes up a large portion of our time. Mowing lawns and field; trimming shrubs, hedges and trees; pulling weeds; raking leaves and keeping parking
areas, walkways and garden beds free of debris; monitoring grounds for trash.
- Custodial – Cleaning of the facilities, equipment, and common spaces
not covered by the contracted custodial service. Set-up and take-down for regular events, special events and weddings. Maintain tidiness of common areas.
- Supplies and Equipment – Monitor our custodial supplies stock and make requisitions as necessary. Keep all supply closets fully stocked and organized. Check all classrooms to make sure supplies are adequate for next
Contact Bill Hepler firstname.lastname@example.org Please include a brief description of why you are interested in this position with your inquiry.