To apply please visit the Opportunity Profile on the The Dingman Company website:
Scottsdale Bible Church (SBC) is searching for a new Pastor of Worship Arts Ministries to guide the worship experience which includes giving leadership
(the #1 trait sought is leadership) to 250 volunteers, a tech/production team of 90 and 10 in communications (22 paid staff of which 15 are full time). This pastor will be capable of leading worship in any of the formats (#2 trait sought
is musical ability and knowledge) and will typically do so for 15-20 weekends a year.
• Assist the Senior Pastor, Executive Pastor and Elders to develop a comprehensive philosophy and plan for the worship arts ministries consistent with the stated vision, values and mission.
• Pastor to the Worship Arts Ministries staff and volunteers; if not personally leading the choir and/or orchestra, insure that the staff person hired/assigned to do so has the spiritual capacity and heart to pastor those people.
• Develop and oversee all worship services, to include leading worship at a venue for 15-20 weekends per year and periodically personally viewing worship at each venue.
• Provide leadership and input to the Senior Pastor, Executive Pastor and ELT as to trends in dynamic worship and creative arts to most effectively reach people for Christ, and how to change and grow in new areas.
• Develop and ensure the overall pastoral leadership environment of the Worship Arts Ministries; in reality being a developer of people and shepherd to the under-shepherds in the Worship Arts.
• Take overall responsibility for all special services and events associated with the Worship Arts Ministries.
• Plan, develop and implement different worship platforms and services at Scottsdale Bible utilizing differing worship styles.
• Personally lead, manage, develop and evaluate all paid Worship Arts Ministries staff and thru them do likewise with volunteers.
• Develop and ensure a culture of volunteerism in and through the Worship Arts Ministries where volunteers are utilized aggressively and regularly in the life of the church.
• Give leadership to the team running the SBC Summer Arts Camp which works with both the Children’s Ministries and Student Ministries in developing the next generation of worship leaders, singers, dancers, drama participants and musicians.
• Serve on the ELT for overall church vision, strategy, planning, management and evaluation.
• Insure that all policies and procedures are established and adhered to for all areas within Worship Arts Ministries.
• Develop and monitor annual goals, objectives and budgets in a timely manner.
• Maintain fiscal accountability for the Worship Arts Ministries.
• Proactively communicate, support and fulfill the mission, vision, core values, purposes and goals of Scottsdale Bible.
• A mature and growing relationship with Jesus Christ.
• A commitment to personal prayer/devotion.
• A solid grasp of Scripture and proven application.
• A bachelor’s or master’s degree in music is most appropriate, with a master’s and/or seminary degree a plus. Some might be self-taught and yet quite learned to a significant depth in musicology. While a significant breadth of music knowledge is needed, significant
expertise in directing a choir or playing all the instruments is already present in staff.
• A proven track record of ten or more years in fulltime multi-site church ministry in significant leadership role.
• A demonstrated experience in leading a worship and creative arts ministry or organization with 100+ participants.
• A proven and quantifiable history of methodology and success in developing and implementing a viable staff and volunteer recruitment process.
• A sincere, genuine love for worship using various styles (and excellence in musical performance) that helps people become more intimate with Jesus Christ and prepares their hearts for the Senior Pastor’s message.
• A willingness to agree and adhere to the Mission, Vision, Values, and What We Believe statements (see Addendum 1).
• An ability to multi-task with a capacity and organizational ability to lead a large organization; must be well organized, high energy and be able and willing to work “longish” hours.
• A proven effectiveness as a ministry partner with senior leadership, peers, subordinates, volunteers and end-users. An ability to lead up, down and across.
• A demonstrated leadership in creating a cohesive, people-oriented departmental team and being part of a leadership team with the same style.
• Experience working effectively with local organizations.
• An ability and desire to serve in this role at Scottsdale Bible a minimum of five years (subject to satisfactory performance and at the discretion of the church).
• Experience in related pastoral duties in ministering to the Worship Arts staff and volunteers, including Bible study, counseling, evangelism, prayer, etc.