About Us: We are one church in multiple locations with a vision to reach every man, woman and child in Greater Austin with the life-changing reality of Jesus Christ. Our prayer is that every person in our geography will have multiple opportunities
to see, hear and respond to the good news of the gospel.
We believe this vision will become a reality as we:
- Make disciples who make disciples
- Plant churches and launch multi-site campuses
- Partner with like-minded ministries
By God’s grace we have planted 25 autonomous churches in Greater Austin while expanding to three multi-site campuses (with plans to open a fourth in 2018 – “one church in multiple locations”) and have seen thousands of lives changed as we live on mission
in our beautiful community.
God has opened doors for us to partner with other like-minded churches and ministries across Greater Austin. We engaged with 377 local churches for the Explore God initiative - through this unified endeavor thousands and thousands of spiritual conversations
took place across the city and at least 50,000 people heard the gospel.
We are part of Christ Together Greater Austin and the Christ Together national movement (our Lead Pastor serves on the leadership team for both).
About this Position: Our Strategic Ministries Pastor will lead staff and ministry teams towards greater impact in reaching people with the life-changing reality of Jesus Christ.
Strategic Ministries are the specialized ministries of the church that reach people uniquely (in our congregation and community) – they are customized for the specific needs of each campus, since every campus has a slightly different focus or approach, while
being united in vision and purpose. Strategic ministries include Men’s, Women’s, Marriage, Young Adults, Global Outreach, etc.
The person who serves in this role will work closely with our Executive Team to accomplish strategic plans and
*church goals. They will shepherd staff, manage Ministry Action Plan (MAP) activities, and work with campus pastors as we live out “one church in multiple locations.”
This person should be highly relational while possessing gifts of administration, leadership and shepherding. The ideal candidate will have a vibrant walk with Christ, passion for the local church, a strategic mind with proven and effective leadership development
*Our church goals:
- Fully formed followers of Christ are being multiplied – the Great Commission of Jesus is to make disciples. A disciple (or fully formed follower of Christ) is someone who is identified as a worshiper, witness, servant and disciple maker.
- Leadership Development is populating an ever-expanding leadership pipeline – everything rises and falls on leadership. Therefore, we believe the advancement of the Gospel is contingent on developing godly leaders. We are committed to identify,
develop, deploy and coach new and existing leaders.
- Gospel Saturation – we are called to saturate the geography around us with the love of Jesus. Our goal is that every person who is part of Hill Country Bible Church would have an intentional approach to ensure that people where they live,
work and play have repeated opportunities to see and know Jesus.
Some of what this person will do:
- Ministry Expansion – Leading ministry teams that assess the demographics of our Circles of Accountability (CoA) for each campus, building plans to reach the people living in those areas, and leading staff and lay teams to accomplish those
- Strategic Plans – Accomplishing annual goals as defined in strategic plans for ministries under your charge, and completing initiatives defined therein. Your team understands that all of their efforts contribute to reducing lostness through
reaching every man, woman, and child with the gospel of Jesus Christ. ?
- Ministry Philosophy and Ministry Action Plans (MAPs) - Every ministry under your charge having clear goals and operating standards in use year over year until revised. Every ministry has an annual MAP and budget to define their activities
for that specific year and a calendar of activities created during the annual planning process. These standards are used to guide activities and manage and coach staff. ?
- Shepherding Staff - All staff are prayed for, shepherded, and coached to improve the reach and impact of their ministries. Team meetings are held to motivate and create unity in mission and ministry plans. Regular 1-1’s are held and annual
reviews are performed. ?
- Campus Expansion – Adjusting management of staff to meet the needs of all campuses as more are added. The intent of the Strategic Ministries is to expand to additional campuses at the appropriate developmental level, based upon an understanding
of culture and context reflected in demographics. ?
- City-wide Initiatives - Staff and congregation are guided and empowered as we partner with others in our City and Circle of Accountability on special projects.
If this sounds like what you do best, we’d love to hear from you!
Do not apply through the churchstaffing website or link.
For the complete job description, please visit the employment page of our church website (under “ABOUT”) at www.hcbc.com. After reviewing the job description, qualified candidates should submit their resume
to our Staffing Director at firstname.lastname@example.org. The staffing email link is available directly from our website as well.