POSITION TITLE: Youth Director
REPORTS TO: Lead Pastor
CLASSIFICATION: Part Time/Full Time
EFFECTIVE DATE: January 2017
The Youth Director will serve as a point person for all Student activities at Revolution Church (6 grade-College) and will update and manage Social Media accounts.
The Youth Director provides leadership, training, support and oversight to all RevStudents Staff, Volunteers and at all weekend services, special events, meetings etc. The Youth Director works closely with executive and part-time staff and is responsible
for implementation and development of programs allowing for the spiritual formation of students and equipping parents to fulfill their calling as the primary spiritual leaders of their children.
- Meets Biblical qualifications for church leadership.
- Heart and initiative for the work of the Church and the Body of Christ?
- Personal commitment to growth in spiritual walk and as a servant of God?
- High level of integrity in personal affairs and conviction to uphold godliness
- Committed to the mission, vision and values of Revolution Church
- High level of integrity in handling church resources and sensitive information?
- Excellent people-skills, friendly demeanor, ability to lead volunteers and staff
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple priorities within established time frame
- Self motivated and excellent time management skills
COMPETENCIES AND EXPECTATIONS:
• Strong administrative and organizational skills with attention to detail
- A leader of leaders
- Embrace and adapt to growth, change, innovation and creativity.
- Use appropriate judgment in the areas of discretion, sensitivity and confidentiality.
- Have a cooperative, healthy and motivating relationship with supervisors, coworkers, volunteers and children
- Graphic Design experience is a plus
- Provide vision, strategy, & development for all Student Ministry environments.
- Provide leadership, direction and training for all Student Ministry Staff and volunteers.
- Review, purchase and oversee implementation of all curriculums for teaching environments.
- Recruit and oversee volunteers providing leadership, training, and appreciation.
- Develop and maintain safe, clean, aesthetic student learning environments.
- Responsible for check-in/check-out procedures and tracking weekly attendance.
- Attends Executive Staff/All Staff Meetings to discuss ministry strategy and effectiveness.
EDUCATION, SKILLS, ABILITIES, SPIRITUAL GIFTS:
- Active and growing personal relationship with Jesus Christ, evidenced by action, attitude and behavior.
- Excellent communication skills.
- A passion for student ministry and to see families grow in their faith together.
- Experience in implementing Curriculums.
- BA or BS degree is preferred.
- Previous experience with direction and administration of large church Student Ministries or Family Ministries is preferred
- Experience in recruiting, motivating, equipping and scheduling volunteer leaders to minister to students and families is preferred.
- Effective communication skills (written, verbal and interpersonal).
- Demonstrated ability to understand and relate to students and their families and a passion to see families grow in their faith together.
- Ability to reach out and connect with families.
- Competency of basic computer software, and the capacity to learn new software (Planning Center, others)
If you are interested in applying for this position, please send your resume, along with a cover letter, to firstname.lastname@example.org
ABOUT REVOLUTION CHURCH:
Revolution Church (RevChurch) was started in August of 2013 as a dream of what God could do with a small group of people dedicated to reaching Cumberland County for Jesus. When we launched, we started with 30 people. Four and a half years later
we are averaging 475 people a week. We have seen over 1,000 people saved and we have baptized around 500 people. Our values are #SavedPeopleServePeople, #FoundPeopleFindPeople, #GrowingPeopleChange, and #YouCantDoLifeAlone.