PLEASE APPLY HERE --> http://bit.ly/2EM3HSz
About the Organization:
Rock Church is San Diego’s largest church and the 19th largest church in the United States, according to Outreach Magazine's 2014 "100 Largest Churches in America" report. Rock Church is also the most diverse church in the nation. Pastor Miles McPherson,
a former NFL player, started Rock Church in 2000. Each Sunday over 20,000 people attend The Rock’s 15 Sunday services at four multisite campuses, watch online, and visit over 20 microsites.
The Rock Church Marketing Communications Team is a creative agency made up of designers and influencers. We believe, in today’s oversaturated world of advertising, success is found in being uniquely you & connecting on a relational level with your market.
Our Marketing Communication Team is on a mission to expand our reach and build awareness around 200+ Ministries that range from our surfing and MMA outreaches to our prison and prostitution ministries. We run our Do Something Church Conference that teaches
other churches how to grow their volunteers and increases their ministry outreach efforts.
Size - 18,000+
Denomination - Non-Denominational
Location - San Diego, CA
Why We’re a Great Place To Work
Here’s an inside look about who we are.
We take our work seriously. We’re aware that what we do daily changes the lives of people all over the world. This is work that matters.
We also take our fun seriously. There’s a reason our team member retention rate is above the national average.
We’re a great place to work because we offer you a chance to use your passion to help us change lives and change the world.
This is a workplace where growth is constantly happening, the church is a leading force nationally and where you’ll find personal and professional growth. It’s a dynamic and fun environment, and we offer a really awesome benefits package.
Weekly Staff Meeting
About the Position:
The Social Media Director at Rock Church will be a hands-on, dedicated marketer who is looking to establish and advance their career in a fun and fast-paced environment.
The Social Media Director will join the Marketing Communication team. The Social Media Director will be responsible for generating online and social media content to increase the visibility of Rock Church, its ministries, and leadership effectively, by building,
nurturing, and growing various online presences which will in turn, enable Rock Church to reach more people and partners than before.
A creative personality with an eye for writing engaging, snappy, social media-tailored content will be ideal for this role. The perfect candidate will be organized and excited about pushing the limits on marketing and challenging their digital marketing
What We Are Searching For / Qualifications:
The following describes many of the characteristics of the ideal candidate for the Social Media Director:
A bachelor’s degree in communications, marketing, journalism, or a similar track is required.
3-5 years or more of experience running a company’s, church’s, or public personality’s social media.
- Model a Christian character at work, home, and in social life.
- Exhibit grace under pressure.
- Strive to uphold the statement of Staff Values.
- Possess a Christian maturity.
- Agreement with Rock Church’s Statement of Faith and theology, with a commitment to living that out, as well as adhering to the communication guidelines of Rock Church to uphold the overall vision of the church.
- Willingness to serve in and/or outside the church.
- An upstanding character of integrity.
- Ability to thrive in a collaborative team environment
- Self-motivated and results-driven.
- Familiarity with Rock Church.
- Ability to manage multiple campaigns simultaneously.
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written.
- Passion for serving, learning, and leading.
- Thinks with large-scale vision but enjoys and is able to do the day-to-day tasks of running social media.
- Capable of thinking clearly while multitasking on various projects and ideas.
- Values and achieves continuous local/regional coverage, while striving to obtain national coverage.
- Self-starter/Go-getter who excels working individually but enjoys and appreciates being part of a team.
- Teachable spirit but with proven and tangible results – a portfolio is great!
- Proactive and takes initiative.
- Thinks strategically and creatively.
About the Location:
San Diego is California's second largest city, perhaps best known for its 70 miles of majestic coastline and gentle Mediterranean climate. Bordered by the Pacific Ocean, San Diego is home to two professional sports teams, over 200 museums, and several award-wining
amusement parks, making it a premier tourist destination for millions each year.
As a major port city, San Diego hosts one of the largest naval fleets in the world. With several national defense contractors headquartered in the city, nearly 5 percent of all civilian jobs are now military related. International trade and biotechnology
are also major contributors to San Diego’s economy, and with over 30 universities and colleges, San Diego is ranked as the ‘Ninth Smartest City’ in America by CNNMoney.com.
With a city rich with cultural and ethnic diversity, where thousands of young families and singles are being drawn to every year, it is no wonder why Rock Church has experienced the growth it has as their impact is felt throughout the city of San Diego.
PLEASE APPLY HERE --> http://bit.ly/2EM3HSz