PLEASE APPLY HERE --> http://bit.ly/2Di60jh
About the Organization:
Rock Church is San Diego’s largest church and the 19th largest church in the United States, according to Outreach Magazine's 2014 "100 Largest Churches in America" report. Rock Church is also the most diverse church in the nation. Pastor Miles McPherson,
a former NFL player, started Rock Church in 2000. Each Sunday over 20,000 people attend The Rock’s 15 Sunday services at four multisite campuses, watch online, and visit over 20 microsites.
The Rock Church Marketing Communications Team is a creative agency made up of designers and influencers. We believe, in today’s oversaturated world of advertising, success is found in being uniquely you & connecting on a relational level with your market.
Our Marketing Communication Team is on a mission to expand our reach and build awareness around 200+ Ministries that range from our surfing and MMA outreaches to our prison and prostitution ministries. We run our Do Something Church Conference that teaches
other churches how to grow their volunteers and increases their ministry outreach efforts.
Size - 18,000+
Denomination - Non-Denominational
Location - San Diego, CA
Why We’re a Great Place To Work
Here’s an inside look about who we are.
We take our work seriously. We’re aware that what we do daily changes the lives of people all over the world. This is work that matters.
We also take our fun seriously. There’s a reason our team member retention rate is above the national average.
We’re a great place to work because we offer you a chance to use your passion to help us change lives and change the world.
This is a workplace where growth is constantly happening, the church is a leading force nationally and where you’ll find personal and professional growth. It’s a dynamic and fun environment, and we offer a really awesome benefits package.
Weekly Staff Meeting
About the Position:
The Public Relations Specialist at Rock Church will be a hands-on, dedicated marketer who is looking to establish and advance their career in a fun and fast-paced environment.
The Public Relations Specialist will join the Marketing Communication team. The Public Relations Specialist will be responsible for coordinating media appearances and interviews, providing content to publishers, and building the public image of Rock Church
and Miles McPherson.
An outstanding writer and communicator who is great behind the scenes as well as publicly will be ideal for this role.
What We Are Searching For / Qualifications:
The following describes many of the characteristics of the ideal candidate for the Public Relations Specialist:
A bachelor’s degree in public relations, communications, marketing, journalism, or a similar track is required.
3-5 years or more years of on the job experience in PR, publicity or a related field is required.
- Model a Christian character at work, home, and in social life.
- Exhibit grace under pressure.
- Strive to uphold the staff values.
- Possess a Christian maturity.
- Agreement with Rock Church’s Statement of Faith and theology, with a commitment to living that out, as well as adhering to the communication guidelines of Rock Church to uphold the overall vision of the church.
- Willingness to serve in and/or outside the church.
- An upstanding character of integrity.
- Has personally researched media, written a pitch, made a pitch, successfully procured media, and cultivated the relationship from start to finish by themselves (not just worked on a team or supervised a team that did all the pieces of the process).
- Understands current PR tools and resources, speaks current PR vernacular, demonstrates active knowledge of true media sources and what it takes to secure coverage.
- Excellent writer and experienced use of AP style.
- Passionate about the world of PR, is news-cycle minded, and is interested in all types of media including broadcast, print, and online mediums
- Persistent and able to cold call, isn’t put off by rejection, and doesn’t lose momentum if turned down.
- Wants to build a brand through booking and securing earned media in creative ways.
- Thinks with large-scale vision but enjoys and is able to do the day-to-day tasks of procuring continuous media coverage.
- Capable of thinking clearly while multitasking on various projects and ideas.
- Values and achieves continuous local/regional coverage, while striving to obtain national coverage.
- Self-starter/Go-getter who excels working individually but enjoys and appreciates being part of a team.
- Meets deadlines without sacrificing quality.
- Professional in person, in writing, and on the phone; speaks with confidence, both with friends and strangers.
- Degree in Public Relations, Communications, Journalism, Marketing or another related field.
- Familiarity with Rock Church.
- Ability to manage multiple campaigns simultaneously.
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written.
- Passion for serving, learning and leading.
About the Location:
San Diego is California's second largest city, perhaps best known for its 70 miles of majestic coastline and gentle Mediterranean climate. Bordered by the Pacific Ocean, San Diego is home to two professional sports teams, over 200 museums, and several award-wining
amusement parks, making it a premier tourist destination for millions each year.
As a major port city, San Diego hosts one of the largest naval fleets in the world. With several national defense contractors headquartered in the city, nearly 5 percent of all civilian jobs are now military related. International trade and biotechnology
are also major contributors to San Diego’s economy, and with over 30 universities and colleges, San Diego is ranked as the ‘Ninth Smartest City’ in America by CNNMoney.com.
With a city rich with cultural and ethnic diversity, where thousands of young families and singles are being drawn to every year, it is no wonder why Rock Church has experienced the growth it has as their impact is felt throughout the city of San Diego.
PLEASE APPLY HERE --> http://bit.ly/2Di60jh